Changing Nature observations

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought I'd take the time to make some observations about the last episode of Dinosaurs, Changing Nature.

It seems like the Dinosaurs characters were expecting the bunch beetles to show up, only for them to not show up at the expected time (and for Stan to be late). However, when Charlene and Stan find that the swamp was turned into a wax fruit factory, the foreman says that they kiled all of the bunch beetles. But shouldn't the bunch beetles have still been seen flying through the sky before being destroyed at the factory? Unless they flew past the wax fruit factory before making it to the Sinclair house (or, supposedly, the area where the TV coverage was being filmed, or any other Dinosaurs house for that matter).

I wonder how powerful the bug spray used at the wax fruit factory was. Stan gets sprayed with a bit of it before Charlene stops it, but he seems able to live (a tleast until all characters become extinct). But if the factory workers sprayed it on the bunch beetles, they would have needed a lot of that stuff to have killed all of the bunch beetles (especialy if they all came at once).

At the end, when Earl apologizes to the others, he tells Stan that he's sorry about the extinction of his species, talkign as if he had knocked down the trees in the swamp. It was a WESAYSO-owned factory, so it makes sense that WESAYSO employees would have pushed down the trees, but then when Earl hears that Stan needed to go tot he swamp to mate, he didn't seem to think about there no longer being a swamp. He didn't seem to panic, or even casually remark somethign like "good luck finding a swamp. It's been destroyed." Of course, the swamp could have been destroyed by the night shift.

B.P. Richfield knows that water makes plants grow, but did anybody think about whether they would need to replant seeds before making it rain? All of plant life was destroyed, but how do they know that the seeds and roots weren't destroyed with the plants? I guess it's possible that some dinosaurs thought to plant seeds before it rained next. I also now realise that it never rained on Dinosaurs.

Earl was seen as being responsible for the end of the world, but I think it wasn't really Earl's fault. B.P. Richfield had Earl volunteer to run a task force, and didn't want his company to have any credit for what happened, so Earl was blamed. I wonder what would have happened if other characters were seen throwing things at their house or trying to burn him.

After it's said that the sun won't show up again for years, Ethyl says that she always knew Eral would screw things up, but didn't know how badly, and then Fran tells her that Earl was trying to apologize, as if she thoguth Ethyl was insulting Earl. But I think that Ethyl's line was a compliment, as Eral ruined things worse than she'd expected.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somethign else that's interesting: while the growing plants is a problem throughotu pangea, the wax fruit company seems to have it under controll, as there are no plants seen around the factory. I don't think there were any in Mr. Richfields trailer, either.