Changing Notions...

beaker

Reaction score
After reading posts about people asking for figures at TRU, or going to Dennys...I wonder what it will take to change the public perception that the Muppets arent just little kiddy stuff. KSY certainly doesnt help that image...but after the Nascar snafu, and the very low key Dennys promotion...just how does JHC get the Muppets back into the spotlight? Twenty something plus nostalgia doesnt hurt, like the Weezer video(and majority of the Palisades figure fanbase) The use of the 25th anneversery is good, but I think its worn thin. It implies the Muppets are just this 1976-1981 vaudville 'hey remember that show on tv' fad. When in fact in a couple years, it marks a half century of the Muppets being around.

I truly hope 2003 really is the return to Muppet greatness. As fans we need this, much what 1997 and beyond was to Star Wars fans. With the new Fox show, various specials, and one can only imagine what else...lets hope the impossible becomes th epossible...and the Muppets finally get out of their slump and back to the spotlight.

Now I know for the most part being a Muppet fan is an underground thing, according to JHC internal tabulations. But man, perhaps soon we'll be saying 'Hey I remember when I was one of the few super big fans before everyone came on board'...well perhpas one day. For years weve been heralding a return, perhaps soon we shall soon get that.

Oh to the day when ya can ask where the Muppet ssection is and get a 'right this way!' instead of a blank stare.

Salmoto

Reaction score
What worries me is that if the public conception of Muppets is kiddie fare, than that will cuase the downfall of another show starring the classic Muppets who I love the most. With all the talk over Bear, and all the ever-loved Sesame Street characters, it's too bad Kermit has had a hard time staying in the spotlight.