Channel Umptee-3 voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

Today's V/A focus is a cartoon I really liked back in the 90's. Channel Umptee-3. An educational series about an ostrich, a snail, and a mole who start their own TV station and do topics about the interesting things in our world. I think it's neat when they try to make educational shows that have humor in them.

ROB PAULSEN: Ogden Ostrich
DAVID PAYMER: Sheldon S. Cargo
JONATHAN HARRIS: Stickley Rickets
ALICE GHOSTLEY: Pandora Rickets
GREG BURSON: Prof. Edwin I. Relevant
GREGG BERGER: Agent Bud
NEIL ROSS: Agent Ed
SUSAN SILO: Polly

Plus you can find a few Umptee-3 episodes on youtube. Here's one of them written by Mark Evanier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94uztcUwlrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czMzhuYI34c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTDEfJF1cjY

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never heard of this show, but I am familiar with half of this voice cast... even David Paymer, and I wasn't even aware he did voice work.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah yes... Channel Umptee 3. I remember when the TV E/I mandate meant that people had to come up with great, innovative kids shows like this, Histeria! and Disney's One Saturday Morning. Then CBS ruined everything by rerunning crap from a cable network they owned. Soon, everyone did it, and children's network TV died a slow agonizing death. Thanks FCC! :attitude:

Xerus

Reaction score
Never heard of this show, but I am familiar with half of this voice cast... even David Paymer, and I wasn't even aware he did voice work.
David Paymer had done a few cartoon voices. He also voiced the Professor in Santo Bugito as well as a snooty alien in Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain.

Xerus

Reaction score
Ah yes... Channel Umptee 3. I remember when the TV E/I mandate meant that people had to come up with great, innovative kids shows like this, Histeria! and Disney's One Saturday Morning. Then CBS ruined everything by rerunning crap from a cable network they owned. Soon, everyone did it, and children's network TV died a slow agonizing death. Thanks FCC! :attitude:
I know what you mean. They could at least make educational shows that are funny with great stories instead of things that only appeal to 1 or 2 year olds. At least shows like Channel Umptee-3, Histeria, and Wordgirl had sophisticated humor along with great stories while trying to teach us stuff in a fun way.

Xerus

Reaction score
Channel Umptee-3 reminds me of The Muppet Show. Both are about animals who run their own shows and their antagonists are elderly grumps who can't stand watching their shows.

Maybe if everyone votes on this site I mentioned a while back, we can get Umptee-3 on DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Channel-Umptee-3/71

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know what you mean. They could at least make educational shows that are funny with great stories instead of things that only appeal to 1 or 2 year olds. At least shows like Channel Umptee-3, Histeria, and Wordgirl had sophisticated humor along with great stories while trying to teach us stuff in a fun way.
Wordgirl came MUCH, MUCH later and it was a PBS series, which basically airs nothing but original TV E/I programming anyway.

But it's a rant I'm as sick of bringing up as everyone's sick of hearing. It's such a shame this thing lapsed so poorly (and I'm not going any deeper than that other than saying I HATE the FCC). now a station's idea of "quality educational programming" is old 1990's nature shows and Saved by the Bell reruns aired at odd times on Saturday and Sunday morning, as lip-service to keep their FCC broadcasting license... all the while putting such "innovative" and "educational" shows like the same infomercial over and over.

Really, before CBS ruined everything by airing Nick Jr. shows, there was such great stuff... I LOVED Disney's One Saturday Morning (I always lament that in a world hungry for positive female role models in cartoons, Pepper Ann is vastly underrated), and my favorite addition (though I Never did buy the4 DVD, and I'm mad at myself) The Weird Al Show. But definitely, Umptee 3, Histeria! and even Generation O (my sister really loved that one... and I SWEAR Disney ripped that series off for Hanna Montana. At least Gen O had Scott MacNeil in it). Kid's WB had some choice stuff for that field, right up until they aired Baby Looney Tunes and Will and Dewit... What was that show about? The little frog alien thing from the diaper commercials?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of Histeria!, until recently I was under the impression that that was another Steven Spielberg/Warner Bros. collabo, but apparently it was strictly a Warner Bros. cartoon... it's funny though, because the brand of humor and animation was pretty much identical to that of Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Freakazoid!, etc.

But then again, weren't there some character crossovers with Histeria!?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I thought for sure Histeria was advertised as a Steven Spielberg series. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought for sure Histeria was advertised as a Steven Spielberg series. :confused:
Nope. Look on YouTube for the opening credits, and the title card says "Warner Bros' Histeria" instead of "Steven Spielberg Presents Histeria".

But again, it's essentially like maybe Spielberg's red-headed stepchild show or something...