1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Character Autographs?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by galagr, Aug 23, 2012.

?

Which performer would you want an autograph from?

Jim Henson 15 vote(s) 35.7%
Frank Oz 3 vote(s) 7.1%
Jerry Nelson 6 vote(s) 14.3%
Richard Hunt 2 vote(s) 4.8%
Dave Goelz 5 vote(s) 11.9%
Caroll Spinney 1 vote(s) 2.4%
Kevin Clash 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Steve Whitmire 7 vote(s) 16.7%
Bill Barretta 2 vote(s) 4.8%
Other 1 vote(s) 2.4%

1. galagr Well-Known Member

I know I'm going out on a limb here ( and I'm not sure I posted this in the correct catagory ), but does anyone have autographs from Muppet performers or the characters themselves? If so, please post them here, I would love to see them! EDIT: Going out on another limb here, but does anyone have a signed picture of Lips?
  2. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

3. Walter Active Member

Of course Jim is going to win this pole:jim:... But I chose Jerry Nelson, even though I would also love to get an autograph from Jim. I would also like to get an autograph from Peter Linz:fanatic:.
  4. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Jim Henson hands down but unfortunately that's never gonna happen so after him definitely Steve Whitmire and Frank Oz. I'm still working on getting something back from Steve. I said this in another thread but I'm working on sending him a birthday card next month. I still think it's cool him and Jim share the same birthday. Something was definitely written in the stars on that one. :)
    galagr likes this.
  5. galagr Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. You mean someone with a username named after a Peter Linz character wants an autograph from Peter Linz?! ( faints )
  6. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Since the last letter I sent Steve Disney probably burned!!! >< Ain't doing that again! Sending to either Sesame Street or the Henson Company this time!
  7. galagr Well-Known Member

Well, Disney used to be great at fanmail. Now, last year, when I would always send to Disney, I would get nice 8 by 10 glossies of the characters, like this,
    [IMG]
    ( not the one I sent for, of course ) Then, about five months later if you would send, you would get these okay factory printed postcards back,
    [IMG]
    (another one I didn't send for) now, you get nothing. So at least people used to get SOMETHING back.
  8. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Pshh I don't have the best thoughts with Disney so knowing how they don't give two sense about fanmail is no surprise. But their like any big corpration only care about the $$$$$. Ha they sent you a picture of a character you didn't ask for? I rest my case! Lol. :o
  9. galagr Well-Known Member

:oops: What I meant by " Not the one I sent for " in my post, is the pictures I posted aren't mine. I did send to the following, though:
    Jack Skellington
    Phineas and Ferb
    Donald Duck
    Dr. Facilier
    Goofy
    Captain Hook
  10. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Beh my statements still stand Disney could care less about fanmail.
    galagr likes this.
  11. galagr Well-Known Member

I guess the autograph I want most now is Jerry Nelsons'. I sent a letter to him two months ago, and I doubt I'll get anything back. Fingers crossed, though! :sing::fishy::boo::cluck::crazy::search::batty::smirk:
  12. Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Sadly, you won't be getting anything back. RIP Jerry.
  13. galagr Well-Known Member

Yeah...... I misworded my last post. I meant I hope that Jerry signed them, and they're sitting in some " mail out " pile at the Sesame Street office. Still, slim chance it may be, it's still a chance.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  14. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I have quite a lot original muppet and performer autographs!

Jim Henson x4
    Frank oz x2
    Dave goelz x 3
    Brian Henson
    Kermit (jim)
    Kermit (Steve) x6
    Martin baker x2
    Richard hunt
    Scooter
    Sweetums
    Beaker
    Statler
    Miss piggy x 5
    Fozzie
    Gonzo x 3
    Karen prell
    Red x2
    Louise gold
    Annie sue pig
    Brian froud x2

I think that's the lot from memory!!

Really want more fraggle signatures!!

Really sorry I never got chance to get jerry's and some of his characters!
    Muppetboy09 and galagr like this.
  15. galagr Well-Known Member

WOW! Can you post pictures? That's a great collection! Do you remember what address you used for Steve?
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  16. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i would love a autograph from steve whitmire eric jacobson or bill barretta carroll spinney
  17. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

same here
  18. galagr Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot to ask a question. KermieUK, how did you get Steves' autograph SIX times? I wish I was that lucky! Of course, if I could meet Steve, I'd show up with about ten pictures of Lips! lol
  19. Slackbot Well-Known Member

I'd love a Dave Goelz autograph. But I'm going to Dragon*Con next weekend, and Peter Linz will be a guest there, so I might just get one from him. :fanatic:

PS: looking at those character autographs, I notice that Animal's is pretty close to my handwriting. Should I be worried?
    SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  20. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies. I never really thought about how many I had til I listed em!
    I met Steve frank dave brian at the uk mti premiere in 1996. Met Steve again in 2006 at the London marathon with kermit in trench coat. I got him to sign two 5x7 colour photos and my muppet show shoulder bag. Met Steve as kermit earlier this year in hmv London promoting the muppets.
    Jim's autographs I purchased. I also have a kermit Henson co Xmas card signed by jim Martin and Jill, but not sure who Jill is?
    I bought an autograph book full of uk tv celebs from 1980 which included muppet performers from Elstree studios.
    Louise gold and brian froud I got from the uk labyrinth 25 yr screening and Louise agreed to sign Annie sue pig too.
    I bought the signed Carroll spinney blu ray too do should have that late next year.
    Like many people I don't really like posting pics of signed stuff as its personal to me and someone somewhere will copy it print it on photo paper and sell it on eBay!!

Chris
    galagr likes this.