1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Character Autographs?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by galagr, Aug 23, 2012.

?

Which performer would you want an autograph from?

1. Jim Henson

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  2. Frank Oz

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Jerry Nelson

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Richard Hunt

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. Dave Goelz

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. Caroll Spinney

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Kevin Clash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Steve Whitmire

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  9. Bill Barretta

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.3%

1. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I went with Frank Oz. For just having Animal on the brain. But a Jim Henson one, would had been very nice too.
  2. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I would adore to see a Steve Whitmire autograph with his character, Lips. And one from the Electric Mayhem Members.
    Anyone have one?
    galagr likes this.
  3. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I'd like an autograph from either Frank Oz or Caroll Spinney because they are the ones carrying on the SS puppeteer legacy. If I got Frank's autograph, it would be awesome if he could sign as Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Sam, and Animal, too. If I got Caroll's autograph, I hope he'd add Big Bird and Oscar's signatures as well.

But if all of these puppeteers were alive, first I'd go for Jim (without question), then Frank, Jerry, Caroll, Dave, Richard, Steve, Kevin, & Bill in that order.
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Oh, a Jim Henson autograph no doubt. Especially since Jim wasn't alive in my lifetime to have an autograph from him would be splendid.

But still the highlight of all my Muppet items:
    [​IMG]

Yup.
  5. matleo

matleo Active Member

I have a picture signed by Steve and Lips. Steve was thrilled that anyone remembered the character AND knew his name.
  6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I have an autograph from Caroll and Big Bird. :wisdom:
    Muppet fan 123 and Bob Smith like this.
  7. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Just putting this out there: I wonder how many Muppeteers were impressed by a fan's knowledge of their Muppet characters. Would Frank be floored if a fan mentioned Marvin Suggs or George the Janitor? Would Jerry have been impressed if someone mentioned Uncle Deadly or Louis Kazagger?
    I never got anything signed by the Muppeteers, although I think I did see Peter Linz and Tyler Bunch perform some Whatnot-like puppets at the Tribeca Film Festival several years ago. But as a kid, I was shyer than Snuffy. So I blew that opportunity.
  8. BobThePizzaBoy

When a friend of mine asked David Rudman to sign something as Boo, Rudman was happily surprised though pointed out that he wasn't even sure he ever signed anything as Boo. Though it seems like it's only the main performers who sign as their characters. When I met Louise Gold and Stephanie D'Abruzzo, they didn't sign as Annie Sue and Lulu or anything like that but Dave almost always autographs things as Gonzo as well as himself, Steve I'm sure uses Kermit as a default, Bill typically asks which character to sign as when someone asks him to, I just told him "surprise me" and he signed as Pepe, I'll guess that's a default for him too.
    galagr likes this.
  9. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Um, if you don't mind, could you show us? I've been DYING to see what Lip's signature looks like.
    cjd874 likes this.
  10. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Please, do it share it with us!
    galagr and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  11. LeahXZoot4Evur

I am lucky that we all remember the shy trumpeteer.
    Please do send it to us.
    galagr likes this.
  12. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Indeed! During the holidays I met Dave Goelz (best day of my life) and got Gonzo's autograph! :concern: Zoot's my favorite character of his, but Gonzo is pretty amazing, too.
  13. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

14. KissesToKermie

Why doesn't anyone want an autograph from Kevin Clash?
  15. BobThePizzaBoy

Mostly because I already have two autographs from him, but that's just me, I could always use more. :insatiable:

And another thing about signing in-character, Kevin always signed as Elmo by default, too. If you ran into him now no clue if he would sign as a character or sign anything Henson-related at all.
  16. KissesToKermie

Oh. Well, I feel weird.
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

You feel weird? Well you'll fit right in here then! :)
  18. KissesToKermie

19. LeahXZoot4Evur

Is Steve Whitmire and Dave Goelz gonna upload their autographs of Lips and Zoot?
    Maybe Louise Gold with Trumpet Girl?
    undefined
  20. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Loiuse Gold never really performed Trumpet Girl. Trumpet Girl had various puppeteers.