characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just found out some characters revealed for the new Muppet christmas movie on imdb.com. They are:

PEOPLE:
David Arquette...Daniel
Joan Cusack...Rachel Bitterman
Whoopi Goldberg...Daniel's Boss

But even better here are...

MUPPETS:
Steve Whitmire...Kermit/Rizzo/Beaker/Bean
Frank Oz...Piggy/Fozzie/Animal/Sam
Dave Goelz...Gonzo/Bunsen/Waldorf
Bill Barretta...Pepe/Dr. Teeth/Rowlf/Swedish Chef

Wow. I really hope this is true or else I'll feel like an idiot. I hope it is true because not only would it mean that we'd hear Frank Oz but we'd see the return of Bean, Dr. Teeth and Rowlf. If this is not true, I'm sorry but I just report what I find.

Joe

Reaction score
if that info is true, that's a good thing, but Statler seems to be missing (can't remember, is he performed by Frank Oz?) I can't imagine them having Waldorf without Statler, it just wouldn't work..

grail

Reaction score
i thought Steve Whitmire was doing Statler now...

great find! now we just have to hope it holds out. because anyone can submit info, and it stays up until it is proven wrong, these could be incorrect. but with the humans already having names, i'd say there's a better chance that it's genuine.

didn't Joan Cusack already play a character named "Judith Bitterman"? it sounds familiar. "Adams Family Values", maybe? gonna have to look it up...

edit:

I'm wrong, she didn't...but i KNOW that character for some reason...now that's gonna bug me, but it's irrelevant, because whatever line i was drawing between the two is gone...

however, i would like to point out that it also has Steve Whitmire doing "Captain Abraham Smollet" so it's possible that someone just pasted part of the MTI list in here and tried to pass it off.

either that or they got some 'splainin' to do!

matleo

Reaction score
hey grailo,
Are you sure you're not thinking of Mrs. Butterworth? but seriosuly, I ran a search for charcters named Bitterman on imdb and this is what it came up with. have you seen any of these. Maybe you're remembering a Bitterman for mone of thsse films instead.

1. James Gammon (I) (Sheriff Bitterman)
. . . Stranger at My Door (1991) (TV)
2. Wayne Kneeland (Russell Bitterman)
. . . Risky Business (1983)
3. Bob Marley (II) (Earl Bitterman)
. . . Mint Condition (2001)
4. Joel Murray (Carl Bitterman/Various Characters)
. . . "Baby Blues" (2000) TV Series
5. Ted Ross (I) (Bitterman, Arthur's Chauffer)
. . . Arthur (1981)
6. Ted Ross (I) (Bitterman)
. . . Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988)
7. Douglas Sept (Don Bitterman)
. . . Surprise Party, The (2001)

Female characters:

1. Joan Cusack (Rachel Bitterman)
. . . Very Muppet Christmas, A (2002) (TV)
2. Arabella Field (Melinda Bitterman/Various Characters)
3. Alison La Placa (Melanie Bitterman)
. . . "Suzanne Pleshette Is Maggie Briggs" (1984) TV Series
4. Kath Soucie (Rodney Bitterman/Megan Bitterman/Various Characters)

--Matt

grail

Reaction score
actually, now that you've said it, i think maybe it was Baby Blues...it's a show i've seen recently (on adult swim), but not paid much attention to...don't have any clue where i came up with "judith" though...

weird...thanks for the help though! i really appreciate that!

Stulz

Reaction score
Statler

Jerry Nelson has perfomed Statlersince Richard Hunts death in 1992.

grail

Reaction score
Re: Statler

Originally posted by Stulz
Jerry Nelson has perfomed Statlersince Richard Hunts death in 1992.
oops...ha ha. i knew that didn't sound right, but i was drawing a blank as to who it was. been that kind of day...

thanks!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I doubt Bean is in it, but if he is maybe he will get a kiss from Kelly Ripa. :big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*sighs* So far, it looks like Scooter either won't be showing up, or if he does it'll be just a cameo in a group shot. :frown: *sighs again*

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
the_great_gonzo

I just found out some characters revealed for the new Muppet christmas movie on imdb.com.
That site is tends to have wrong info on it offen, that site also said that Frank Oz worked on KSY, which he did not,
Eric preforms Miss Piggy and Fozzie now, and we all hope that Jerry Nelson worked on this up coming movie as well to voice Statler, Robin, Folyd and maybe Lew Zeland.