characters in new Muppet x-mas movie!

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
The inside word is that Eric did Piggy and Fozzie for the Christmas movie.
-Artie

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
I doubt Bean is in it, but if he is maybe he will get a kiss from Kelly Ripa. :big_grin:
Bean Bunny and Kelly Ripa--both all about the cute.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by MrTheFrog
The inside word is that Eric did Piggy and Fozzie for the Christmas movie.
-Artie
Where are these inside words? I want to get in on that action. (hehe). But seriously, I'm sure your right. Frank is much too busy for the Muppets nowadays...:frown:

-Matt

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
Just found out more cast news on imdb.com. Again, don't know if it's true or not but it says that the cast of the NBC show Scrubs will be in it, playing their Scrubs characters.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I keep hearing about this thing with Frank Oz..what's up with that??? DId he quit the muppets?? He was the voices in Muppets From Space, right? Is there any info on this, like, newspaper articles or something? Has anyone heard Fozzie/Piggy/Animal?etc. and do they sound okay without him? I though maybe he just didn't do puppeteering anymore but still dubbed in the voices?

anyway, I'd really like more info on this..seems weird...

beaker

Reaction score
I guess technically he is on the pay roll or 'when needed' by JHC, but by now for all practical purposes Miss Piggy is now performed by Eric Jaccobson..whom I might add does an excellent version in my opinion. Btw, the Stryder in your handle...from the cool Capcom series 'Strider Hiryu' or from the character in LOTR?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
At Muppet Fest: Jerry Nelson was Statler, Dave Goelz was Waldorf.

I'm wondering why Jerry and his characters weren't listed in the first post of this thread...are they left out on purpose or by accident??

It won't be right without him.

FOZ

Frank Oz (btw) lends his voice from time to time, but I think now we can pretty much count him out of the loop anymore.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Btw, the Stryder in your handle...from the cool Capcom series 'Strider Hiryu' or from the character in LOTR?
I played the original video game on the NES, but I've always had a fondness for Aragorn from LOTR...of course, I've been using this name for so long that I rarely think of it in either context anymore..although I did have to get the "Strider" figure from the LOTR movie line :smile:

About Frank Oz...that's really bad news to me...I don't know, just doesn't seem right...is there any reason Why this is? He does so many characters! Fozzie, Piggy, animal, Sam, Bert, Grover...all revoiced? Or did they just get rid of a bunch?

I don't know, I always thought Frank was almost as important as Jim...like, Jim was the main character, but Frank was 3/4 main supporting characters...

oh well, I guess nothing lasts forever...hopefully he'll at least be the voices on any major movies they do...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe

About Frank Oz...that's really bad news to me...I don't know, just doesn't seem right...is there any reason Why this is? He does so many characters! Fozzie, Piggy, animal, Sam, Bert, Grover...all revoiced? Or did they just get rid of a bunch?
Well, it's hard to say they got rid of any characters, since the last project with ALL those Muppet Show characters (together) was Muppets From Space.

Eric Jacobson performs Grover, Piggy, and Bert from time to time. John Kennedy is Fozzie. Rick Boyd (I think) is Animal. David Rudman is Cookie Monster. Dunno about Sam, though.

However, Frank DOES do the characters from time to time, he's just buisy with Films he directs. In this season of Sesame, Frank voiced Grover, Bert, and Cookie Monster at various taped inserts (Monster time, Letter of the day, New Ernie and Bert segments for Journey to Ernie) , but the "fill ins" did all of the "on the street" segments, and some of the other taped inserts.

But the question is, will Frank play his respective characters in any theatrically released movies.....