1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Characters, Scenes and Stories you'd like to see on ABC's "The Muppets"

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by jobi71, Oct 9, 2015.

1. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I would like to see a plot with Clifford needing a job.

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Other episode ideas:

- Uncle Deadly's underworld records have shown that he's been slacking on his job lately. Deadly gets a visit from his "boss" Beelzebub (Danny DeVito), who is appalled at what one of his best employees has become. The boss informs Deadly that unless he can go back to his roots, dire consequences will befall him. Meanwhile, Miss Piggy has to get a new costume designer. Hilda (likely performed by Julianne Buescher) returns. Her out of touch designs initially embarrass Piggy, until they become a fashion trend.

- Scooter is informed that he has a long-lost twin sister, who has been living in the Home for Chuck Cunninghams for the last several years. Scooter pays a visit to the Home, but quickly learns that it's a mystical prison for 'unwanted characters.' Scooter soon finds himself trapped in the Home; back at the studio, everyone slowly forgets his existence. How will Scooter escape? Gavan O'Herlihy (or Randolph Roberts, depending on who's available) reprises his role of "Chuck" from Happy Days.

- The Muppets have been getting one too many complaints from angry parent groups. In an effort to appease them, Pache, the show's branding guru, turns "Up Late" into a cornball children's show - "Aunt Piggy and Friends." Sam is initially pleased that the show has become more wholesome, until he is informed that his planned talk on the 2016 Presidential elections has been cancelled for being "too boring." Sam instead becomes "Uncle Sam," a recurring character who teaches the kiddies (mostly inaccurate) American history. Meanwhile, with the show heavily censored, Rizzo and Pepe make a bet to see how long they can go without thinking about women.

- A classic Bro-mance. Gonzo becomes jealous that best friend Rizzo seems to be spending more time with Pepe.

- The government learns that Statler and Waldorf have been embezzling social security checks. The two are forced to take menial jobs at "Up Late," eventually becoming Beauregard's assistants.

- Sweetums gets a visit from his fellow Muppet monsters, who talk the ogre into leaving the show and rejoining their gang. Sweetums returns to his roots of committing PG-rated crimes and is eventually sent to court. Can Kermit and the gang bail him out? Guest starring Judge Judy.

- Beaker finally grows tired of being Bunsen's victim. The two get into a fight, and eventually split up. Beaker goes back to pursuing his dream as a singer, landing a sweet record deal. Meanwhile, Bunsen goes back in time to prevent the fight from happening. He accidentally gets stuck in 1976, the first season of the Muppet Show. Everything is different - half of the cast looks awful, as Kermit was unable to afford a plastic surgery plan for them until the following season. Laugh-In jokes rule the show. Janice sounds like a would-be soap opera star. Fozzie's a jerk. Miss Piggy has a last name. But more importantly, there's no Beaker. Bunsen learns about his past, as well as his relationship with Beaker, and just why he became his assistant. Guest starring Florence Henderson, and featuring a cameo by Christopher Lloyd.

- Mo Frackle (Bruce Lanoil) realizes that he has too much time on his hands. Will he be able to get a life?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    LaRanaRene and Duke Remington like this.
  3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

One story idea I'd like to see is one about Kermit's old Sam & Friends co-stars (Sam, Yorick, Harry, etc.) coming to the studio to visit him.

For a Halloween episode, they should have Constantine form a team comprised of all the "villain" Muppets (The Moopets, Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan, Mad Monty, Taminella, Grinderfall, Mordecai Sledge, Lardpork, Mean Floyd, Caleb Siles, etc.) and take over the studio.

Muppy likes this.
  4. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I really want that Chip episode. The Zoot one too.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

While at Rowlf's Tavern, Fozzie talks to Rowlf about how tired he is of his low paying job, Rowlf then tells Fozzie about how he's sick of his job, this leads to the two deciding to go into business which leads them to pitch a product on Shark Tank. Rowlf sells his tavern to a sleazy con man (Timothy Omundson) and Fozzie gives up his job and is then replaced by Foozie Bear. They get turned down, and now Rowlf has to face the consequences of trying to buy back his bar from the con man, and Fozzie has to get rid of Foozie Bear.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    LaRanaRene likes this.
  6. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I'd love to see something with the Swedish Chef or Bunsen & Beaker. I'll admit the plot involving Newsie & BoBo the bear was severely incredible! I would just love to see these two in another plot, but fighting against each other in the end, on some game show or some weird reality show of sorts.

Duke Remington likes this.
  7. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

Here's something I thought of:

Remember the Diner Lady from Season 3 of TMS (what did happen to the theatre's diner after S3?) who often worked with the Swedish Chef? Maybe the Diner Lady and the Chef could work at the commissaries at the studio where ULWMP is filmed.

LaRanaRene and Duke Remington like this.
  8. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Gladys?

9. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

Uhhh. Yeah (sorry forgot her name).

10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That would be cool. It worked in the comic story. Heck, I'd like to see his uncle J.P. as well.

Muppy and LaRanaRene like this.
  11. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

J. P Grosse died

12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

Miss Piggy has a temper tantrum and is in a bad mood. She complains and yells at various people for little things.

Later on, she's stuck in the elevator along with.........Lips. She and Lips talk and Piggy opens up to him. He discovers everyone has forgotten her birthday because they've been too busy with the show. Lips and Piggy form a stronger bond, and Lips tells Piggy to apologize for her behavior and explain to everyone why she's been in a bad mood for the day.

The reason why I suggested Lips is to get the character more exposure.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  13. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

JP Grosse was dead for the one Christmas movie as a plot device. The Muppets have played fast and loose with their "cannon" many times. They especially like to play the "Well that mas just a movie/TV Show card", so he could easily come back.

14. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

A couple of folks have mentioned wanting Lips to have a larger role. One of the things I like about Lips is how little we know about him. Zoot used to be this way. In fact he was this way until this current series where he speaks as much as all the other characters. Dave Goelz has said that he often traded away Zoot's lines because he wasn't sure he had a grasp on the character like he did with Gonzo and Bunsen. Goelz and Zoot have been paired for about 40 years (in fact one of the longest pairings) so now he feels comfortable to speak in Zoot's voice. Since his arrival in season 5 through the films and such Lips has had just a handful of lines - notably a verse in Barnyard Boogie. I am pleased the character has stuck around and the puppet itself is gorgeous. But to me if the character speaks too much he loses some of his mystique. I know he is a fan favorite, so I don't want him always in the background, but for folks who love Lips would you prefer to see him get more screen time? Or keep him as a bit of a mystery?

LeahXZoot4Evur and LaRanaRene like this.
  15. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

Actually in re-reading your post you mention Piggy opens up to Lips. Piggy certainly can talk. Lips may have just a few lines in the scene and she monologues about her birthday/bad mood. She may feel a bond with Lips not so much because they had a conversation, but because he listened to her. It could be win/win. Lips would have more screen time and he could still be a cypher.

16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

If we get a second season, bump Julianne Buescher's name up to the opening credits with the principals. It's been long overdue.

While we're at it, maybe give some of the other female performers a chance to try out some characters. The roster of lady Muppets could really be expanded.

LaRanaRene and FletchySRF3088 like this.
  17. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

The thing that irked me with Goelz and Zoot was he just didn't allow the character to speak in the Muppet Show or in the movies. I enjoyed seeing Zoot speak a lot more in the new series. Having Lips speak and get more character isn't going to mess up the character. He doesn't need to be an unknown anymore. If I were Steve, I'd be having Lips speak all the time and get involved with whatever. Same thing with Dave and Zoot.

18. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

is it okay if I make this a story? This actually sounds like a great fanfic! :)