Characters that never appeared together

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I have so many questions... The main one... Has Lil Jerry and Lil Chrissy ever sung together? Or Herry and Biff? I don't mean in songs either... Like, actually conversed.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Not that I recall.

But I can name quite a few characters who never appeared together or had any scenes together.(At least not to my knowledge.)
Oscar & Harvey Kneeslapper
Big Bird & Harvey Kneeslapper
Ernie & Grover
Oscar & Prairie Dawn
Biff & Fat Blue
Fat Blue & the Count
The Count & Harvey Kneeslapper
Fat Blue & Oscar
Harvey Kneeslapper & Biff
Biff & Grover
The Count & Herry

I can also name some characters that would not have appeared together(at least not normally)due to being performed by the same muppeteer.
Big Bird & Oscar
Bert & Cookie Monster
Bert & Grover
Grover & Cookie Monster
Ernie & Kermit
The Count & Fat Blue
Fat Blue & Farley
Ernie & Guy Smiley

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, Ernie and Grover HAVE been seen together a few times. There was a sketch from Season 2 where Ernie had arranged balloons in a circle, and was trying to count them, but couldn't remember which balloon he counted first. And then Grover came along, and counted them for him, and he popped each one as he counted it.

And I remember another sketch from about 1998. It was a song called "The Opposite Game." Ernie would be doing something, and Grover would be doing the opposite, and Ernie would be doing all the easy duties, and Grover would be doing all the hard ones.

Cookie actually WAS seen with Bert in a sketch from Season 2 where Bert and Ernie were trying to figure out what happened to Bert's cookies, and he thought Ernie had come in and taken them, but then Cookie Monster came in dressed as Ernie and took Ernie's cookies.

Grover and Cookie HAVE been seen together, but more recently, because I think they have different puppeteers though.

There was a time that Bert and Grover were together in a pageant about faces from the 70s.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
There was also another sketch where Ernie and Grover appeared in; there Ernie has made an M/N machine where he throws in items that start with M and N--these include macaroni, marshmallows, meatballs, noodles, nuts, etc. Ultimately, he throws Grover into the machine, because the word monster starts with M, making it a mess!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not that I recall.

But I can name quite a few characters who never appeared together or had any scenes together.(At least not to my knowledge.)
Oscar & Harvey Kneeslapper
Big Bird & Harvey Kneeslapper
Ernie & Grover
Oscar & Prairie Dawn
Biff & Fat Blue
Fat Blue & the Count
The Count & Harvey Kneeslapper
Fat Blue & Oscar
Harvey Kneeslapper & Biff
Biff & Grover
The Count & Herry

I can also name some characters that would not have appeared together(at least not normally)due to being performed by the same muppeteer.
Big Bird & Oscar
Bert & Cookie Monster
Bert & Grover
Grover & Cookie Monster
Ernie & Kermit
The Count & Fat Blue
Fat Blue & Farley
Ernie & Guy Smiley
You made two different lists, with the second one listing characters who wouldn't have interracted due to having the same performer, but the first list features quite a few characters with the same performer (Biff and Fat Blue, Hery and The Count), but I know that some of the characters you listed have interracted on the show. Somebody has already mentioned the interractions between Ernie and Grover, so I'll list other interractions:

Big Bird & Harvey Kneeslapper - they (along with Herry Monster) sang "Ha, Ha, Ha" in The Muppet Alphabet Album (I don't think that song was ever made as an insert on the show, though).
Fat Blue & Oscar - They briefly interracted in Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game.
Biff & Grover - I've read about a sketch where the two appear as cavemen, inventing the wheel
Big Bird & Oscar - Out of all Muppets performed by the same performer, I think they interract the most. They have had major conversations in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, What's the Name of That Song? and A Celebration of Me, Grover! and have briefly interracted in Follow That Bird and Elmo in Grouchland. Even after Matt Vogel has become an understudy for Big Bird, it seems like Caroll Spinney still performs both voices whenever Big Bird and Oscar interract.
Grover & Cookie Monster - There have been times when they interracted (back when Frank Oz was their only performer). They both sang "I Whistle a Happy Tune" together. I've read about a sketch with them at Muppet Wiki, and saw a picture from that early sketch, but I don't remember much about what hapened (I think it involved either a mystery box or a bell). There was a sketch where Cookie Monster told Ernie that he was on a diet, and wouldn't eat cookies, until Grover appeared and told Cookie Monster that he looked too sick (I think that Bert should have been used in this role; After all, the sketch took place in Ernie and Bert's apartment). And they also appeared togetehr in the song "Fuzzy and Blue" (though they didn't talk to each other).

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
Grover, Earnie, Herry, Bert, and Cookie all appeared with Prarie Dawn in the Lets make a Face skit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Grover, Earnie, Herry, Bert, and Cookie all appeared with Prarie Dawn in the Lets make a Face skit.
Yes, and Bert and Grover interracted with each other. Ernie has interracted with all those characters (though less regularly with Grover or Herry), and Herry has appeared in many sketches with Cookie Monster and Grover.

ssetta

Reaction score
It's interesting how you mentioned the only time that Fat Blue and Oscar were seen together. If you remember correctly, before Oscar walked off-stage, he thought that Elmo's silly game show was "nuts!" And then Fat Blue actually agreed with Oscar, because he had been waiting there for the bus for hours. This is one of the rare occasions where someone actually agrees with Oscar. Bert and Oscar were never seen together that much either. But on the album "Bert and Ernie Sing Along," in the part where Oscar comes on, he says that the gang is making enough noise to wake up a parking meter, and Bert said "I agree." So, some of the reasons why certain characters are never seen together is because they act to similarly, and it just wouldn't be very interesting. Benny and Oscar I don't think were EVER seen together. And there was one time that Bert and Kermit were seen together, in the "Subway" song from 1974. Interestingly enough, Prairie Dawn was in that song, too, and she never really interacted with Bert much (except briefly in pageants), and I don't think she ever interacted with Kermit. The thing that's really wierd about that Subway song is that the 3 main characters that were featured in it were hardly ever shown together!

ploobis

Reaction score
We never saw Fat Blue & Simon Soundman together.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And there was one time that Bert and Kermit were seen together, in the "Subway" song from 1974. Interestingly enough, Prairie Dawn was in that song, too, and she never really interacted with Bert much (except briefly in pageants), and I don't think she ever interacted with Kermit. The thing that's really wierd about that Subway song is that the 3 main characters that were featured in it were hardly ever shown together!
Actually, it was Betty Lou who appeared in that song (I made the same mistake in the past). I wonder if Ernie and Grover are considered too similar to regularly appear together. Then again, in some of Kermit and Grover's lectures/ demonstrations, it seems to me like Kermit is acting a bit like Ernie.