Big Bird
Cookie Monster
Grover
Count von Count
Purple female Anything Muppet
Orange Anything Muppet little boy

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thanks. They look different from each other though. I should get that Ed Sullivan DVD. It has many skits I haven't seen in a long time.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
There was a portrait of Miss Piggy in the saloon in some of the Forgetful Jones sketches.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I remember Piggy being on Sesame Street in front of Oscar's can in some special of some kind. I was pretty young so I don't really remember it. She was with KErmit I think. Anyone else see this or is it another one of those memories I made up?

BTW< when was Rowlf on Sesame Street?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
BTW< when was Rowlf on Sesame Street?
As I understand then Rowlf was in the Pilot. Where he and Kermit are trying to figure out what show they should do.
You can see a clip from it in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rowlf also appeared in the infamous 9 Baker skit where he says "9 lights!"

Manah Manah only TECHINCALLY appeared on both... according to some thread someone posted months back in the Sesame Street section the character went through name and design changes! I think he's reffered to Bip Bopadotta for some reason...

But He's Manah Manah to me!

LadyHyde said:
There was a portrait of Miss Piggy in the saloon in some of the Forgetful Jones sketches.
She was also slyly drawn as a portrait in one of the 3 pigs' house in the book "The Sesame Street Storybook alphabet"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's the difference between the commercial Muppets (Mahna-Mahna) and the not-for-profit characters on Sesame Street (Bip Bipadotta), and the difference of adding the sunglasses with a name-change was Jim's way of keeping the 2 seperate; not only that, but there were different incarnations of the Mahna-type character. One day, you'll see a whole article at backstageleft.com showing these differences in an article Scott and I have done.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Forgot one (indirectly)...there's a picture of Dr. Teeth in the Monsterpiece Theatre "Upstairs, Downstairs" skit.