Characters who should have been babies

minor muppetz

Reaction score
are there any muppets who you think should have been babies on this show?

It seems like the producers of this show chose to avoid using characters with facial hair, so dr. teeth, floyd, lew zeland, and the swedish chef were not used. They also wisely avoided making characters who were really older than the normal muppets into babies (it was clever that Statler and Waldorf were old even when the muppets were babies).

Anyway, I think that janice (yes, i know she was in a last season episode), zoot, beauregard, sweetums, link hogthrob, annie sue pig and sam the eagle should have been on this show.

Janice could have had whatever personality she had in her appearance on the show. Zoot could have been a very quiet (and musically talented) baby. Beauregard could have been interested in building and/ or cleaning things. sam could have been a bossy baby (Piggy was bossy on the show) who appreciated american history at a young age, maybe he could have also been interested in reading. Sweetums obviosuly would have been a big baby, maybe more hyper than Animal but easier to understand (i have once read on the message board at yesterdayland.com that Sweetums was originally polanned to be a baby before it was decided to introduce skeeter on the show). Link could have been a baby who was often hungry or perhaps even always willing to try new things (even if he failed at many of them)Annie Sue could have been interested in nature or reading. hmmm, skeeter was created just for this show so that another female could be on there, but the muppets already had some female characters, even if many were not recgnizable. Anyway, I think that those characters should have at least made occassional appearances (like how bunsne, beaker, statler, waldorf, and bean did).

Also, Bean Bunny was added to the cast around the time of The Jim henson Hour. Maybe more JHH characters should have been part of the show, including Digit (he would have made a good buddy for bunsen, beaker, or baby scooter), leon, and lindberg.

what do you think?

BEAR

Reaction score
nice ideas. I think that Rowlf was meant to be the musical one on the show and thats it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
nice ideas. I think that Rowlf was meant to be the musical one on the show and thats it.
yeah, I guess you're right. Animal wasn't even as musical as he was in the various live action muppet productions. :halo:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This may prove to be a helpful thread as an upcoming piece in my Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals Thread sometime in late November or even early 2006 possibly will be these and other characters illustrated as Muppet Babies... including Uncle Deadly and :attitude:

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
yeah, I guess you're right. Animal wasn't even as musical as he was in the various live action muppet productions. :halo:

I don't remember the exact reasons they added a Baby Animal, but one thing i would think of is that Animal was always such a popular character, far more than the rest of the band and they probably figured he would be a strong choice. Plus he is so cute as a baby.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Baby Sweetums, Baby Sam Baby Ernie,Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Elmo

Baby BITBBH, Treelo, pip and pop

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I thinks baby Sam the Eagle would be a good idea :attitude:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
This may prove to be a helpful thread as an upcoming piece in my Weekly Creative Muppet Visuals Thread sometime in late November or even early 2006 possibly will be these and other characters illustrated as Muppet Babies... including Uncle Deadly and :attitude:
*colapses*

Man this I gotta see! We did have an old thread here with Lew, Chef, and Johnny as baies done by Jamie. Also I made a Baby Beau pic. Will provide a link to it sometime.

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Baby Sweetums, Baby Sam Baby Ernie,Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Elmo

Baby BITBBH, Treelo, pip and pop

Elmo is basically already a baby, so it wouldn't really change anything.

Xerus

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
I thinks baby Sam the Eagle would be a good idea :attitude:
I always thought so too. I can imagine a Baby Sam enforcing the rules of the nursery. Especially trying to get Baby Animal to behave, but with no luck.