Characters who should have been babies

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Baby Ernie & Bert wuld have been great

I always see toys and things with baby versions of Bert, Ernie, Cookie, Bird, Oscar and I think Grover. Would be interesting to see a show made of it.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
They should have made a baby Zoot who was different than his adult character. He could have talked a lot, to the point to where the others wanted him to bequiet. He could even have been the only baby who never wanted to go to sleep because he was never tired. Although if they had Janice a little older than the rest of the babies like Rowlf and Kermit, then I guess Zoot could have been Janice's age since Zoot as an adult is described as a burnt out 50 year old musican.

ryan

BEAR

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
They should have made a baby Zoot who was different than his adult character. He could have talked a lot, to the point to where the others wanted him to bequiet. He could even have been the only baby who never wanted to go to sleep because he was never tired. Although if they had Janice a little older than the rest of the babies like Rowlf and Kermit, then I guess Zoot could have been Janice's age since Zoot as an adult is described as a burnt out 50 year old musican.

ryan

Haha! From my POV, all of the men of the Electric Mayhem (excepting Animal) appear to be old burnt out musicians.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If any fairly obscure characters (like Lew Zeland, Beauregard, or Thog) were used on the show, I wonder if they would be better known today?

After all, it seems like back in the 1970s and 1980s, Bunsen and beaker were just as important characters as Link Hogthrob, Beauregard, Pops, The Swedish Chef, and other of the same kind of characters. They appeared sparringly in the specials from the 1980s (they weren't in John Denver And The Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday, and aside from some brief clips, Bunsen didn't appear in The Muppets Go To The Movies, and both characters only had really small roles in the other specials. Also, they didn't have any lines in The Muppets take manhattan, althouhg I have read that they had a scene that was cut from the movie). However, after the deaths of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt (Beakers performer), they were used a lot more, having bigger parts in the movies and being quite major on Muppets Tonight. They hesitated to recast Rowlf and Scooter, who were both more important characters, and many of jerry Nelsons characters were not used much (even though Jerry nelson was still as major of a performer in the 1990s as he was in the 1970s and 1980s).

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
If any fairly obscure characters (like Lew Zeland, Beauregard, or Thog) were used on the show, I wonder if they would be better known today?

After all, it seems like back in the 1970s and 1980s, Bunsen and beaker were just as important characters as Link Hogthrob, Beauregard, Pops, The Swedish Chef, and other of the same kind of characters. They appeared sparringly in the specials from the 1980s (they weren't in John Denver And The Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday, and aside from some brief clips, Bunsen didn't appear in The Muppets Go To The Movies, and both characters only had really small roles in the other specials. Also, they didn't have any lines in The Muppets take manhattan, althouhg I have read that they had a scene that was cut from the movie). However, after the deaths of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt (Beakers performer), they were used a lot more, having bigger parts in the movies and being quite major on Muppets Tonight. They hesitated to recast Rowlf and Scooter, who were both more important characters, and many of jerry Nelsons characters were not used much (even though Jerry nelson was still as major of a performer in the 1990s as he was in the 1970s and 1980s).
Bunsen and Beaker both had great roles in The Muppet Movie. To me, they are still a bit of a step up from Lew or Beau or Chef and the like. It's true that they did seem to step forward into even bigger roles in films after Jim and Richards death (the collectors in Christmas Carol, the research/development doctors in Treasure Island, and great supporting roles in Muppets from Space, Muppet xmas Movie, and Oz), but so did Sam Eagle.
Also, none of Jerry Nelson's characters were all that major. He only had a bunch of supporting character on the secondary and third level. His most major character was Floyd and he wasn't ever much of a class one character unless he was with the band.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Old Thread I know. But I would just LOVE to see Baby Beauregard, and Baby Sam!! That would be so cool!!

McFraggle

Reaction score
Baby Sam, Baby Beau, and a Baby Crazy Harry would have been cool. :crazy:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I would love to see what floyd would look like as a baby. Its kinda hard to picture it. *tries to imagine floyd as a baby* Nope, drawing a blank