Charlie Chaplin Sketches

Soul H

Reaction score
Hey out there. What was your favourite Charlie Chaplin sketches?

For me the funniest was the one when the shirts go in the top drawer, and the towels go in the bottom drawer. The way he started throwing them into the drawers was the icing on the cake.

bigbird

Reaction score
Yes that one was pretty cool, but now that you bring it up, I was wondering iff ALL the Charlie Chaplin skits were done by Maria in costume or just some of them? I could have swore it Maria anyway.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Maria was definitely in costume for at least some of the Charlie Chaplin skits- I would think probably all of them. I remember them being pretty funny as a child.
:smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
bigbird said:
Yes that one was pretty cool, but now that you bring it up, I was wondering iff ALL the Charlie Chaplin skits were done by Maria in costume or just some of them? I could have swore it Maria anyway.

Yep, Maria did Charlie Chaplin. Sometimes, there were two Charlies and Linda played the second one, like when Charlie saw his reflection in the mirror, but it was actually a doorway with another guy who looked like him.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
There were many Maria as Charlie Chaplin skits. There was one where he tries to reach the door. But he could not because his suspenders are attached to the wall. Once he reached the door, The door knob came loose and was pushed through the wall. Another one had him falling love with a painting at the Art museum. BTW, The women in the painting is Linda Bove. There was also one with the Exit. In that one kids would tell Chaplin to go to the exit. And once he does, It appears on the other side and behind the door is a brickwall, And then went through the wall. There was also one with Ernie and Bert going to the movie theatre to see a silent movie film, "The Picnic". And there was game show skit called "What Happens Next?" The host was Gordon with help with from the Dinger. Each round has to do with the situation with Maria as Charlie Chaplin. Everyone has to guess before Gordon rings the Dinger's ding-dong bell. On Round 1, There is a banana peel on the ground. And Chaplin would slip and fall. On Round 2, The bench has on 3 legs. Whenever Chaplin would sit on it, It would knock down. On Round 3 (The final Round), It was starting to rain. But Chaplin uses his cane to push the rain-cloud to the Game Show Studio, And it rained there causing Gordon to sneeze a lot. Poor Gordon.:frown:

jerambam

Reaction score
I really like the skit in which Luis takes part. Maria draws a thread from his jacket—and it causes his pants to come unraveled! I'm looking for that one. Does anyone know where I can find it?

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I really like the skit in which Luis takes part. Maria draws a thread from his jacket—and it causes his pants to come unraveled! I'm looking for that one. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Sadly, I don't have that one. But I do remembered that it had the same background music from the skit where the kids told Maria as Charlie Chaplin to go to the door with the Exit sign and the Exit sign keeps going to another place. Leaving with just bricks behind that door. And then the Exit sign went into the wall with Maria as Charlie Chaplin breaking through the wall as it waves Good-Bye to the viewers.

dinoboy

Reaction score
I still have a major crush on Maria. I always thought she looked really sexy in all those fast motion,pixilated skits. Surprisingly one clip wasn't in fast motion as she looked into a giant mirror to see herself, but it was Gina dressed as Charlie Chapman and repeating everything Maria Does. But a few rare fast motion clips I remember is when she used her cane to whack the letter H in Hop to form the word Stop. And in another fast motion clip, Chapman goes to an art gallery and falls in love with a giant painting of a woman, who seems to come to life and surprises Charlie. It was then that the lady in the picture got up and walked out of the frame and Charlie got upset that she was gone, till he comes to another painting with her in it. He rejoyces and climbs into the picture to be with her. Talk about getting into pictures.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I still have a major crush on Maria. I always thought she looked really sexy in all those fast motion,pixilated skits. Surprisingly one clip wasn't in fast motion as she looked into a giant mirror to see herself, but it was Gina dressed as Charlie Chapman and repeating everything Maria Does. But a few rare fast motion clips I remember is when she used her cane to whack the letter H in Hop to form the word Stop. And in another fast motion clip, Chapman goes to an art gallery and falls in love with a giant painting of a woman, who seems to come to life and surprises Charlie. It was then that the lady in the picture got up and walked out of the frame and Charlie got upset that she was gone, till he comes to another painting with her in it. He rejoyces and climbs into the picture to be with her. Talk about getting into pictures.
BTW, That wasn't Gina in the Mirror. That was Linda. The other Charlie Chaplin skit I know of that wasn't fast motion was the Game Show skit: What Happens Next? with Gordon as the host.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread, but I would like to ask if anyone remembers this sketch: Chaplin is trying to cross the street, but the signal keeps changing from WALK to DON'T WALK before he can get all the way across. If anyone has an image, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!