Check out my Muppet Comic

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The concept is that Scooter, Statler, Waldorf and Animal are watching some strange Japanese Muppet spin off, either on TV or live. The punchline gag is really just the last panel. A big set-up for a cheap joke, but I still enjoyed working on it.

Also, thank you all so far for your kind and also constuctive comments!
Oh. Er. I didn't get that.

But, maybe if you put the show they were watching in a television-screen I would have. I thought they were watching from the balcony.

How clumbsy of me.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well they could be, it's left for interpretation. Besides, I really just like drawing the Muppets!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Beautiful work! I'm not a big fan of anime, but that makes this comic even funnier to me. I enjoy seeing people draw the Muppets. You captured the essence and personality of the characters in your unique and attractive style. :smile: :wink: :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
By the way - is there a direct link to your anime Muppet page? The link you provided is downloading fairly slow. :sympathy: Wanna see them and compare the work to your latest stuff. :zany:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, thanks Jamie. Coming from you is a great compliment. DeviantArt's site kinda' stinks, but here's the link to my gallery which includes a Gonzo Spider-man piece:
http://dhulteen.deviantart.com/gallery/
My abilities have changed dramatically since these. Since my employment as a professional illustrator, I've learned LOTS of new techniques in scanning my line art, coloring, shading, etc. to speed up the process immensely and bring up the quality too. This comic took a total of 8 hours.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Wow. Tres cool, there, Vic. Your talent is immense.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
You've definitely got talent. I'm also envious of how much positive attention your work's attracting on this site. When I posted some artwork a month or two ago, I think I got maybe one response. It was enough to make me want to keep my work to myself. But your stuff is very professional. Great stuff, muh man.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Vic, I really do love your art style! I've never been a fan of anime, even though one of my friends does an Americanized version of it (www.toshigawa.com). I think it's great, and the last scene with the characters just drawn normally is great--dead on good character likenesses!! Not good, GREAT! That last frame is VERY funny to me, and I thoroughly enjoyed that. Hope to see more.