Checking in (GRACIOUS! What a month!)

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm now accessing this forum for the first time in over a week since my internet access has been limited.

You may recall a few weeks ago i was essentially fired from my job for being gay. Now last weekend, i was evicted from my family's house since my homophobic right-wing gun/beer nut brother-in-law found out i was gay! The last week has been a mixture of hasty packing, Motel 6 staying, and apartment hunting! The good news is i have a great new one bedroom apartment and like the job that i was planning to leave this year anyway, i had also planned to move out this summer as well - i just wish it could have been done in a better manner and at a time more of my choosing!

Still in a search for a new job but all things considered despite the terrible ways in which things have been happening, in an odd way my life is getting on a better track! I'm also about ready to sign with one of AZ's best talent agencies after i have a final meeting with one of the booking agents soon. I've also been working from the library and gas station internet terminals to finish up part one of the Muppet Central Muppet Show Episode Guide (it would have been ready last weekend but all this stuff happened!)...i'm also working on another season review of Farscape and i have a few other little bits and pieces up my sleeve for the Muppet fan community to enjoy!

I'm really happy to finally see "my baby" online - i've been working on the guide for a couple years! We had originally hoped to debut it in eptember in time for the beginning of the 25th anniversary celebration - but i had to work a lot of extra hours at work to make sure i had the vacation hours to attend MuppetFest - then when the date was changed that meant MORE hours i needed to frantically put in!! Then of course i lose that job and the side benefit of the extra time gave me a chance to get the finalized version put together! Part 2 should debut around July. I really hope everyone enjoys it!

So now that i finally got phone service (hence internet service) up and running today i will be frantically catching up on everything i've missed! (The fun part!)

I'm looking for anyone who taped Dinotopia as i missed it all with everything going on here. If there was any new interview clips or anything on the TV Guide Top 50 Shows special, i'd also like to get a copy of that too!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, DW!

Hey, tough luck going on out there w/ the work and family fronts; but, you're a good person and good things will happen! Remember what they always say:

With adversity comes...uh...okay, so I forgot what it was. Basically, the saying is trying to say (was that redundant?) that whatever bad things might happen, a greater good waits 'round the corner.

On the job thing, if that's why they fired you, then you probably have several thousand dollars looking you in the face! That's what I think, and I think you should go after it. Folks can't just get away with treating my friends like that!

Gee, I wish I was an attorney. Where the heck is Perry Mason when you need him? Oh, right. He's dead.

Anyhow, I'm ranting; sorry. Glad you're back online!

And the Ep Guide is great!!

FOZ :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Foz

Unfortunately, in the state of Arizona (as well as several others) it is still perfectly legal to fire someone due to sexual orientation.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Wow DW, sorry to hear about all o' that...especially that you've been evicted from your family's house when it was just cause of your brother-in-law. :frown:

I'm still lookin' for a job myself---hey, wanna get together and maybe put together some kinda Muppet business? :smile: I'm all for it! :big_grin:

And yeah, *GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT* job on the episode guide!!! It is SO awesome, and I can't *WAIT* for Season 2 to come up---when classick Janice comes into the picture! :big_grin: :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Y'know what?

I have friends from every kind of religion and preferences and races and genders and species and all that, and I just don't think it's fair at all that whatever their life decisions are that they're trashed upon. It just isn't right.

Sure, someone might disagree with how someone else lives their life, but as long as they're happy with their life, why not just leave them alone? That's how I look at it. Interracial relationships are even frowned upon still, and my best friends are getting married (black guy and oriental) and I still love them both!

I guess, with me, I think that if someone is happy, why ruin it whether it bothers me or not, just be happy for them; and if I don't like it, then I don't have to associate with them, right?

But, families should be stronger than that...then again, I know several families which aren't strong at all anyhow.

Am I ranting again? I think I am.

DW, sorry about all that man; your pal Foz will remember you in my prayers at night.

FOZ

dwmckim

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their good thoughts. I am doing good though all things considered - i was planning to move out anyway this summer as well as look for a new job as well - it's just that both things occurred on thier own before i would have chosen them to and in an unkind manner. But i love my new apartment and the time off has been nice too (and came in handy when i did have to move - i could just devote my energy to getting everything settled and in place.) I've put in a few applications at different places with no luck yet but will start actively looking this week now that i'm more settled in (the job market here is not that strong - the help wanted ads in our major paper is sometimes less than a page.)

Am currently one meeting away with the talent agency's main booking agent before signing a contract. Then next month, i'll most likely start voiceover workshops.

Currently drafting my Season Three Farscape review - it should be up just in time for the start of the new season.

Don't know if i mentioned this yet or not here but i'm also FINALLY gaining more control of my singing ability to where i can feel comfortable in front of an audience again. I lost a lot of it three years ago when i came down with severe bronchitis and it's taken this long to get it back in shape (though it still doesn't compare with the way it used to be). This is especially important because singing/music has always been my main source of catharsis/stress relief since i've tended to stay away from unhealthy vices like smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. My only other main indulgence is eating and when the singing went, i eventually ballooned up 50 pounds. Now i'm working on that as well as am down 15 pounds from my all time high and close to reaching the 20 mark...it would be really cool to be back in great condition by the time a new MuppetFest occurs:smile: (Of course being frugal with grocery shopping money helps in the fight as well!)

Finally - i had a really cool idea/bit of inspiration recently and if i can pull it off, you may get to hear some of my singing this summer. I don't want to give away too much details yet until i know it can be done but Muppet fans might have a little treat in the works.

beaker

Reaction score
hey DW!!!

Hey DW! Its cory^_^

>>>Still in a search for a new job but all things considered despite the terrible ways in which things have been happening, in an odd way my life is getting on a better track! I'm also about ready to sign with one of AZ's best talent agencies after i have a final meeting with one of the booking agents soon. <<<

WOW! so good to hear! Yeah, after one of the worst years ever for me(with the excpetion of mfest in december to finally put a good note on things) this year is definately starting to shape up nice.

I've also been working from the library and gas station internet terminals to finish up part one of the Muppet Central Muppet Show Episode Guide (it would have been ready last weekend but all this stuff happened!)...i'm also working on another season review of Farscape and i have a few other little bits and pieces up my sleeve for the Muppet fan community to enjoy! <<<

hey, good to hear we'll be seeing that episode guide soon...you sound like me, I have no computer so I use th elibrary and gateway computer stores for net access, hehe.

good to hear your singing is coming back man!
You and everyone on here better be at muppetfest this Fall!!!

///beaker///

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
COREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

De Foz will be there fer shure!

:smile: