Cheesy MC Idea...

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Hey all!

Now, this might be an odd suggestion Phil, but do you think that we could put muzak in the background of the MC forums (thematic to the subject matter)? Muzak generally has a bad name attached to it, but I think it would be cool to have a Fraggle instrumental for the Fraggle board, a TMS instrumental for that board and so on...so maybe "muzak" is the wrong word, I just think of dental clinics and "Baby Elephant Walk" on PA comes seeping back. Darn mouth-meddlers LOL! Seriously though...any chance? I know it could be done with decreased load time, although we still would have to wait....but maybe something to possibly test it out hmm....? Thanks for reading all!

>Adam
Hoping for "Magic" in FR Boards :excited: :smirk:

jediX

Reaction score
If at all possible, it would cause ridiculous server lag and bandwitdh usage... and besides, that's what MC radio is for.

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
jediX said:
... and besides, that's what MC radio is for.
I know, I know...call me over-ambitious (LOL)
I just thought maybe instead of browsing silently we could get some sound within the forums themselves. But yeah, lag time is an issue...if anyone can suggest remedies to possibly not have excessive lag and still manage to have background instrumental music please inform me...err...I mean Phil, inform me about this issue (tangents, tangents, tangents...ha ha!).

>Adam

jediX

Reaction score
I, along w/ many others, prefer silence, and it would be murder on us dial up people.

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Well, now that you mention it...silence is well...silent. Peaceful if you will. Just thought it would be cool is all. And yeah, whoops on my part for not taking into account dialup members. I think 100MBps Cable has really washed the sense out of me...ha ha!

>Adam

Luke

Reaction score
You can listen to MC Radio while browsing the forums - it's a pop up window. Midi's embedded in the forum script would indeed be erm ...'cheesy'.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
jediX said:
I, along w/ many others, prefer silence, and it would be murder on us dial up people.
gotta agree, my *so called 56K!* 24K modem can barely handle MC by itself.....adding music would be a killer!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
gotta agree, my *so called 56K!* 24K modem can barely handle MC by itself.....adding music would be a killer!
AMEN

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Around 1995-1998, embedding MIDIs was all the rage among novice Web designers. Music is such a matter of taste and preference that it really doesn't work well when forced upon all of your users (unless it's a music site and in that case there needs to be an always visible "off" switch). Everybody likes something different. While I admire the initiative and thinking out of the box, this is something that is probably not real practical.

Loading up MC Radio while you surf seems like a good alternative. Then you can hear the music at MC and anywhere else you happen to go on the Web.