Christmas 2 Dvd Set In September

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Does anyone else find it *cute* that Joe and Jackie are now posting on MC back to back! Awwwwwwww :rolleyes:
hehe, we can't help but being *cute* :smile:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
OK, so Kermit's Swamp Years is being released in September. 20 Muppet Show DVDs are being released in September. Muppet Christmas Carol is being released in September. And now these two Muppet Christmas DVDs are being released in September?? Do the companies understand that, yes, Muppet fans have a finite amount of money? Do they anticipate that we'll all win the lottery in September?

I'll wait to hear more information on these last two. It is absurd to have them on seperate discs when they're both so short -- they're only doing it to charge extra money for them. If they're COMPLETELY uncut, and if they put a bunch of extras on them, I would consider it. Wasn't MFC released on DVD last year, anyway? My guess is it's the same disc along with the new Emmett Otter, and they're packing them both together to get more people to buy both. I hope people have the option of buying Emmett Otter seperately if they bought MFC last year.

If I were in charge of the Muppet releases, I'd make Christmas Toy/Emmett Otter a double-feature DVD, and make MFC/John Denver Christmas a double feature as well. And there'd still be room for extra features.

Now THAT'S a Christmas present. :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey Tom,

Actually, Emmett Otter was released last year on DVD too. It and MFC are both the cut versions and this new 2-pack repackaging is nothing but throwing those 2 releases together to make a quick buck.

As for TMS DVDs, only 2 volumes come out in September with a projected total of 20 to be released subsequently.

Me, I'd love to have the John Denver specials on DVD, too! Christmas Toy I could do without though. Just release MFC and Emmett Otter uncut.

salthemonkey

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas will be edited. The original agreement when the film was made that certain songs would only be show in the T.V. version. Last time (to my knowledge) when Henson released the MFC on VHS that agreement was unchanged. So songs like Fozzie with the woodland creatures will never been seen on VHS or DVD. It is not that Henson doesn't want to ...they just don't have the rights to release those songs that were edited out. But...if they show it on T.V. the orignal agreement applies and thoses scenes can be shown. That is why back in 94' or somewhere there about Nick showed the full verision on TV. I had taped that showing ... then it got eaten by Carl.

Jackie

Reaction score
When I saw the Odyssy airing of MFC, they showed all the parts cut out on video, but then cut out OTHER important parts that are included in the video. Maybe somehow I can combine my two tapes into one! LOL!!!

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I didn't know that Emmett Otter was edited too. Is this true? If so what parts?

Jackie

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure which parts were, I'm sure somebody has it written down. I think a couple of songs were cut out, and definitely some scenes were chopped away too.