Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey. I just found out why they shoved Christmas down our throats earlier...

because they're shoving the after holiday sales down our throats just this very past weekend. Wow! Apparently, Christmas was over like 4 days before it happened.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... why is TBS, once again, cutting it's all-day Christmas Day marathon of A CHRISTMAS STORY short again this year to make room for another marathon of THE BIG BANG THEORY?! What in the Elmo does THE BIG BANG THEORY have to do with Christmas?!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Romance brother it's all about the romance! and the girl on the show is good for the eyes..........

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oy. Yeah. I remember a time there where no matter what the medium was, be it TV, magazines, billboards, whatever, the promos for BBT always plastered Kaley Cuoco up front and center, with the so-called nerds relegated to the background, making it look like it's a show about a hot blonde that a bunch of nerds obsessively fawn over. Talk about false (somewhat) advertising... kinda like THIS little gem I whipped up last year:

http://simanettefan.deviantart.com/art/False-Advertising-352861496

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know, I'm kind of surprised ABC Family hasn't done anything to premiere Cars 2 during this year's 25 Days of Christmas. Usually,, I can count on them to feature the Pixar movie from two years back during the Christmas programming schedule. *Shrugs. At least we got The Little Mermaid, and January will bring both TMM and TM on the 4th and 5th respectively, so those are a pair of good Three Kings Day gifts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, there's something that's just recently struck me about HOME ALONE:

In the scene where Kevin steps into the church, and ends up getting acquainted with Old Man Marley, there's only like half a dozen people sitting in the sanctuary, including Kevin and Old Man Marley... and it's Christmas Eve... usually, churches are packed on Christmas Eve, for Christmas Eve services, cantatas, recitals, whatever... it strikes me a little odd to see a church practically empty on Christmas Eve. That is, unless the children's choir was simply rehearsing or something and that's why there's so few people in the pews, but I doubt they'd wait that late (going on 9:00) to rehearse for a Christmas Eve service.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually got some pretty cool things this year: a couple of different weather/emergency/alert radios (one's a home device, the other's a portable), Brian Jay Jones's Jim Henson biography (I kind of figured), an equally lengthily new bio on Elizabeth Montgomery, and best of all... a membership to Adobe Creative Cloud... which allowed me to download and install Fireworks on my current computer! WOOOOOOOO!

Apparently, there's a couple of other items I won't be receiving till later, but I'm really happy with what I have now.

And of course, went over to my aunt and uncle's house for the Christmas meal, and spent sometime with my silly lil' cousin (their silly lil' dachshund).