1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Christmas: Are they shoving it down our throats too early?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaseytheMuppet, Nov 5, 2013.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

2. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

3. MikaelaMuppet

I'll be watching this year.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

25 Days of Christmas started much earlier in the day than usual. Usually it's only all day on the weekends, but they showed the old Rankin Bass Jack Frost special (blech!). National Lampoon's X-mas Va-ca is on tonight, so i'm excited for that.

Oh, also, some awesome person out there actually reviewed Christmas Eve on Sesame Street! :

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, Christmas is off to a poor start this year with above average, spring-like temps for the next several days, but then by mid-week next week, we're supposed to bottom out into an arctic plunge, so hopefully by then it'll feel more like Christmas.

6. Pig's Laundry

I don't feel very Christmassy either, but honestly, i'm not so concerned about the weather as I am gettin' these darn Christmas decorations up. We still haven't done it even though we were gonna put them up the beginning of this week. For me getting the Christmas tree up is always when it starts feeling like Christmas for me.

7. MikaelaMuppet

Elf is on tonight as well and that is just one of my least favorite movies. I had to see it last year for one of my classes and it’s just an unfunny movie in my opinion. I can’t stand that movie.

8. Pig's Laundry

You're subjective opinion is wrong. You lose 10 points, and move back 15 spaces.

9. MikaelaMuppet

The movie is just unfunny and it’s my own opinion.

10. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, I know, i'm just joking you ;).

You're still wrong though :).

11. MikaelaMuppet

I get what you did.

12. D'Snowth

So have you ever noticed whenever a Christmas show, movie, or special does a story about why it shouldn't be Christmas every day, they usually go in either one of two routes:

- There's like ELMO SAVES CHRISTMAS, where Christmas continues to be celebrated every day, despite the rest of life carrying on in terms of seasons changing, and other holidays arriving on their respective dates (like 4th of July).

- Then you've got Christmas every day treated like a Groundhog Day Loop, where you relive the exact same Christmas Day over and over and over again, much like Disney did with Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

13. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Most I've seen are like Elmo Saves Christmas.

14. D'Snowth

The only benefit I see with the former happening is that it gives people in Australia and chance to experience Christmas in winter. :p

15. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Honestly though, on the subject of Christmas being every day, it's amazing how you would enjoy that as a child, but as you get older, you definitely would regret it.

Heck, Christmas is just another regular day for me. The only benefit is just spending it with friends and family but that's about it.

Christmas list just gets shorter and shorter.

16. D'Snowth

Yup. Every year, I ask my mom not to get me anything for Christmas, because I don't want/need anything . . . if I did, I would let her know. Last Christmas, she finally promised me that she'd comply with my request and no longer get anything for me for Christmas unless I explicitly ask for something. And she's broken her promise, and there's currently ten presents under the tree. Her explanation? The promise expired on December 31, 2016.

17. D'Snowth

On the subject of ESC, did anyone else besides me actually want one of those Moo Bunnies as a kid?

muppetgem likes this.
  18. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a Cabbit instead. :D

muppetgem likes this.
  19. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

That's a hard promise for a mother to keep. ;)

20. MikaelaMuppet

My parents are only getting small gifts this year because we are going to Maine for 2 weeks next year and my dad is working overtime whenever he can to pay it all off.