Christmas, BBC, Radio: It's the Muppets

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here's a subject that I brought up once or twice before, but as yet no one has been able to answer for me.

I remember (vividly) the Muppet on the radio (BBC 4) at lunch time on Christmas day about ten/nine/eight years ago. So far, no one else has remebered this, but it was no dream.

I heard it before I liked the Muppets, so when Gonzo (who I thought was the bear) was ice-skating backwards I thought it stupid, not funny, and turned it off.

Now I am Desperate to hear it, or something of it, or a transcript of it, or mearly someone saying that I am not insane for remebering it.

Heeeeeeelp.

Beauregard :zany:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, well, it seems that the mysterious Radio show that never was, is still unknown to the modern world.

Is it yet another example of all that is Muppet floating away like a dream in the night, in the wsame way the Muppet door poster was sooo terrably ellusive I began to imagine that my dad had made up the fact that it existed at all?

Surely I could not have been the only person (and a person who did not like the Muppets especially at the time) to have tuned into Radio Four at 12 on Christmas Day that year....

Beauregard

Reaction score
:sing: Stranger things have happened at sea,
But frankly none of them involved me. :sing:

So, does it not strike you guys as strange that I am the only one who remebers this?

English people, stand up and remember

Tell us. Were they on there? And when? And how? And what?

And does anyone remeber the Gonzo impresion on one of the other shows on bbc radio 4? He was a scientist, and had a telescope looking out his window pointed at the window of the girl across the road. He sounded more like Fozzie, than Gozo, but it was sometime just after MFS came out, and it was on the radio, and, (am I sounding repititious?) no one remebers it but I.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
...at lunch time on Christmas day about ten/nine/eight years ago...
Beauregard said:
...but it was sometime just after MFS came out...
MFS came out on July 14, 1999 in the US (26 December, 1999 in the UK and parts of Europe/Australia) so it was probally only a little over 5 years ago (Christmas day 1999 at "lunch time" - they were probally promoting it the day before MFS came out). I'm not from England so I have no clue of the exact thing you're talking about maybe you'd want to contact BBC 4 to ask what it was. Good luck tracking info down on this.

Beauregard

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
MFS came out on July 14, 1999 in the US (26 December, 1999 in the UK and parts of Europe/Australia) so it was probally only a little over 5 years ago (Christmas day 1999 at "lunch time" - they were probally promoting it the day before MFS came out). I'm not from England so I have no clue of the exact thing you're talking about maybe you'd want to contact BBC 4 to ask what it was. Good luck tracking info down on this.
Ah no. Sorry to confuse you. The Gonzo segment advertising MFS was at a different time.

The Christmas Muppets on Christmas Day was about five/six years before that.