Christmas Cheer

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves hot chocolate, candy canes and cookies in Lisa's stocking. BTW: Is Piggy's stocking hung where it should be, not missing like last time? Please... Post more! ! !

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Wow! This chapter was AMAZING!

Poor Animal, though... Shame on you, Pepe. *agrees with Rizzo*

Okay, we've got Robin & Sweetums & the EM trying to help Animal... who else?

... well, we'll just have to wait until the next chapter, won't we?

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
very cute. I hope you post more to this, and all your other great fics. I miss them terribly and I finally have time to read them. Keep up the great work!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
After I squeeled on Friday I never was able to get back on to read this! But I did now and I LOVE IT! I am loving Animal as the heart of this story. This is great! More please!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Sleigh Bells Ringing

“Santa not real,” Animal said sadly. He was sitting on the giant pillow he called a bed, his head hanging low. Sweetums was sitting next to him on the floor, with Robin on the monster’s knee.

“Yes he is,” Robin said. “Why wouldn’t he be real? He comes and brings us presents, every year!”

Animal slowly shook his head. “No fit,” he said. “Chimney small…”

“That’s okay,” Robin said. “Santa’s got magic. He can make the chimney bigger. Or make himself smaller. …Or both!”

But Animal sighed and shook his head. “WHOLE world… one night?”

Robin and Sweetums looked at each other as the little frog thought. He looked at Animal. “Santa doesn’t stop at every house,” he said. “Not everyone celebrates Christmas.”

Animal looked down. “…World BIG… fly take LONG time…”

“But Santa can stop time,” Robin said. “He’s magic.”

And, there’s time zones,” Sweetums said. “Santa can start in China, where it’s night time, and it’ll still be the middle of the day here.”

But Animal was still looking down, his face very sad. “Un-be-leev-uh-bul,” he said quietly. He curled up on his pillow with the apparent intention of going to sleep.

Sweetums looked up at the door, where Floyd was watching, and gave the bassist an apologetic look. Robin frowned, looking at Animal.

“…But… Santa… is believable,” he said quietly. “He’s real. Uncle Kermit said so!” He nodded firmly, but was unheeded by the drummer. “Santa’s real…”

*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*​

Good tidings we bring, to you and your kin,” Kermit quietly sang to himself as he leaned the ladder against the molding around the front door and climbed up, a tack in his hand. “Good tidings for Christmas, and a happy new—uh-oh.” He looked down, hopped down to the floor, picked up the forgotten mistletoe, and hopped back up to the top rung. “I’m gettin' too old for this,” he mumbled to himself. He shook his head and examined the doorway to find the approximate center. “Now bring us some figgy pudding…”

“ALL that shopping, and vous want pudding?”

Kermit looked down to see Miss Piggy leaning against the doorpost, having apparently returned from her trip to the mall. He grinned at her. “Well, I suppose I could settle for some gingerbread men…” he said teasingly.

Her big blue eyes were sparkling. “To eat, or to hire?”

“…Good question,” he said, and he peered down at the several shopping bags she was carrying. “What’d ya get me?” he asked playfully.

She quickly stood up straighter and shoved the bags behind her back. “Ah ha ha ha!” she giggled. “What makes you so sure any of this is for vous, Mon Capitan?”

He grinned. “Well, the fact that you’re trying to hide it, for starters,” he said, and he leaned over, taking advantage of his bird’s-eye-view to try to get a better glimpse at those bags. “So, what’d you get me?”

She pulled the bags out in front of her and peered into them. “Well, um… Nothing from Macy’s, certainly…”

“Mm-hm…” He couldn’t see into any of the bags, and she wasn’t really going to tell him anything. Pity, about that first part, but the second was all part of the game.

“And nothing from… Yankee Candle…”

“Uh-huh…”

“Or from… Hallmark…”

“Uh-huh…”

“And certainly nothing from Victoria’s Secret…”

He nearly fell off the ladder. “Huh-wha-huh?”

She looked up at him with perfectly innocent eyes and tucked a pink shopping bag behind her back. “Nothing,” she said sweetly. “Is that mistletoe, Kermie?”

He cleared his throat and re-gathered himself, glancing at the mistletoe in his hand before grinning down at her. “Why, is what mistletoe, Miss Piggy?”

She gave him a brilliant little smile. “Kermie…” she said patiently, “…Come down here.”

“Oh, well I would, Piggy,” he said, his own smile turning smug, “But I’ve gotta make sure I hang this in the exact center of the doorway…” He held the mistletoe up on the far right side of the doorway. “Does that look about center, from down there?”

She shifted her weight, rustling the shopping bags a little. “Not even close…”

“Oh… A little to the left, maybe…” He moved the mistletoe to the far left side of the doorway. “How about that? Look centered?”

No…” She giggled.

“Oh, no? Well, maybe—“

Gonzo came bounding down the stairs and jumped at the doorway. “THERE’S center!” he declared, somehow managing to snatch the mistletoe and pin it into place. He grabbed Kermit by the cheeks and kissed him square on the lips, “MWAH,” jumped down to give the pig the same treatment, “MWAH,” and went running out the door at the speed of light with a maniacal laugh, leaving the frog and pig reeling.

Miss Piggy had dropped her bags, and she spit a few times, fiercely shook her head, wiped her mouth in disgust, and glared after the weirdo. “OOH, I will GET that LITTLE—“

“I’ve got a better idea,” Kermit said as he looped an arm around her waist, having jumped down from the ladder.

She looked at him, startled and a little off-balance. “Wha—“

He was grinning with a mischievous look in his eyes. “Need some help carrying these bags upstairs?” he asked, tugging her closer.

She eyed him suspiciously as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. “Not if vous are planning on spying to see what the presents are—“

“Oh, I won’t spy,” he said, peering up at the mistletoe above them.

“Promise?”

He met her eyes and wrapped his hand around her cheek. “Promise—“

“UNCLE KERMIT!” a voice shouted from upstairs.

Miss Piggy sighed. Kermit lightly scrunched his face and touched a kiss to her cheek before turning to the sound of flippersteps pounding down the stairs, warning them of his nephew’s approach. “Yes, Robin?”

Robin nearly flew from the foot of the stairs to his uncle’s side, grabbing the adult frog’s hands. “Uncle Kermit, can we go to the mall and see Santa Claus? Please, Uncle Kermit? Please?”

Kermit frowned. “Robin, we already did that this year. Last week, remember?”

“I know, but something happened, and I’ve gotta see him again! Please, Uncle Kermit?”

“Well—what happened?” Kermit asked, guiding them out of the way and Miss Piggy gathered her shopping bags again.

Animal stopped believing in Santa!” Robin said urgently.

“WHAT?” Kermit and Miss Piggy both said, looking at the young frog.

“He did!” Robin said. “I just talked to him. He’s really upset, Uncle Kermit. Floyd said he doesn’t even want to play his drums!”

“Well, that’s good news for my headache,” Miss Piggy said, but she was frowning.

Kermit shook his head, putting a hand on his nephew’s shoulder. “And—you think that—seeing Santa at the mall, will help Animal?”

“Of course! Santa can help. Please, Uncle Kermit, Please?”

“…Sure, Robin,” Kermit said softly. “If you think it would help…” He turned to guide his nephew out the door.

“Park by Tiffany’s, Kermie,” Miss Piggy advised as she brought her bags inside.

Kermit paused and scrunched his face at her, plainly amused. “Piggy…”

Trust moi, Kermie. The valet parking boys by Best Buy are very pushy today. You’ll want to avoid them.” She set down the pink shopping bag to blow him a kiss and picked the bag up again, making sure he saw the black lettering on the side. “Have fun!”

“See you, Piggy,” Kermit said, shaking his head.

“Bye, Miss Piggy!” Robin said, rushing out the door, dragging his uncle behind. “Come on, Uncle Kermit!”

*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*​

Ho ho ho!” The man in the red suit reached down and pulled the little frog up onto his knee. “Come on up here…”

“I know I was already here this year, Santa,” Robin said, looking up at the man’s eyes. “But I changed my mind about what I want for Christmas.”

The man raised his eyebrows. “Oh?” he said, his mouth almost completely hidden behind his white beard and mustache. “Well then, what would you like?”

“Well—“ Robin took a deep breath. “My friend, Animal, isn’t sure he believes in you anymore,” he said sadly. “And he’s really upset about it. He doesn’t even want to play his drums anymore, and he loves his drums. So—I was wondering—…If you could help him—believe again?” He was looking up at the man, his eyes hopeful and pleading. “Please, Santa? I don’t care about the train set, if you can do that.”

The man was quiet for a moment, watching the little frog. “…You want your friend, Animal, to believe in Santa Claus again,” he said softly.

Robin nodded gravely.

The man was quiet another moment, and then he nodded slowly. “I’ll see what I can do,” he said softly, and he gently patted Robin’s shoulder. “I’ll see what I can do.”

Robin immediately beamed up at him. “THANKS, Santa!” He threw his arms around the red coat, hugging tight.

The man hugged him back. “Merry Christmas,” he said warmly. “Say hello to your folks for me.”

Miss Froggy

Reaction score
Lisa, this is awesome and cute for Christmas. Somehow you've managed to make this concept less smaltzy than the recent Christmas special, which is impressive. When I was reading Electric Mayhem singing 'Drummer Boy', it came on the radio, appropriately enough.

Leyla

Reaction score
Sleigh Bells Ringing
Ooh, nice title.

“Santa not real,” Animal said sadly. He was sitting on the giant pillow he called a bed, his head hanging low. Sweetums was sitting next to him on the floor, with Robin on the monster’s knee.
A giant pillow, and not a coat hanger?:wink: Seriously though, I like the pillow for his bed. I feel really terrible for Animals. He's a great choice though, to be your focal point. Childlike in a lot of ways, and also... crazy, and unexpected as a source of emotion. There's nothing that hits so hard as having a normally jubiliant, free-spirited person get all sad and depressed. Hang in there, Animals!

“Yes he is,” Robin said. “Why wouldn’t he be real? He comes and brings us presents, every year!”
Dear Robin as the voice of belief... he's a perfect choice too, and reminds me of Kermit in that Sesame Christmas special. So sweet, and pure.

But Animal was still looking down, his face very sad. “Un-be-leev-uh-bul,” he said quietly. He curled up on his pillow with the apparent intention of going to sleep.
Oh, I really liked that unbelievable. So Pepe-ish, and seeing as how he started this all out, inadvertantly... that's great.

Sweetums looked up at the door, where Floyd was watching, and gave the bassist an apologetic look. Robin frowned, looking at Animal.

“…But… Santa… is believable,” he said quietly. “He’s real. Uncle Kermit said so!” He nodded firmly, but was unheeded by the drummer. “Santa’s real…”
Now please tell me this isn't gonna spread! Especially not to Robin!

Good tidings we bring, to you and your kin,” Kermit quietly sang to himself as he leaned the ladder against the molding around the front door and climbed up, a tack in his hand. “Good tidings for Christmas, and a happy new—uh-oh.” He looked down, hopped down to the floor, picked up the forgotten mistletoe, and hopped back up to the top rung. “I’m gettin' too old for this,” he mumbled to himself. He shook his head and examined the doorway to find the approximate center. “Now bring us some figgy pudding…”
Keeeermie's hanging mistletoe! WHEE!

“ALL that shopping, and vous want pudding?”

Kermit looked down to see Miss Piggy leaning against the doorpost, having apparently returned from her trip to the mall. He grinned at her. “Well, I suppose I could settle for some gingerbread men…” he said teasingly.

Her big blue eyes were sparkling. “To eat, or to hire?”
<laughs> Now that's the 64 000 dollar question! Oh, that frog.

“…Good question,” he said, and he peered down at the several shopping bags she was carrying. “What’d ya get me?” he asked playfully.

She quickly stood up straighter and shoved the bags behind her back. “Ah ha ha ha!” she giggled. “What makes you so sure any of this is for vous, Mon Capitan?”
Aww... this scene made me very very happy. They're so sweet and playful!

He grinned. “Well, the fact that you’re trying to hide it, for starters,” he said, and he leaned over, taking advantage of his bird’s-eye-view to try to get a better glimpse at those bags. “So, what’d you get me?”

She pulled the bags out in front of her and peered into them. “Well, um… Nothing from Macy’s, certainly…”

“Mm-hm…” He couldn’t see into any of the bags, and she wasn’t really going to tell him anything. Pity, about that first part, but the second was all part of the game.
I love it when they play games with each other. <sigh> And they both know the rules too. I wonder what she DID get him. And I do like that mistletoe...

“And nothing from… Yankee Candle…”
Funny how they don't have that store, assuming it's real, in Canada...

“Uh-huh…”

“Or from… Hallmark…”

“Uh-huh…”

“And certainly nothing from Victoria’s Secret…”

He nearly fell off the ladder. “Huh-wha-huh?”

HAHAHA! Good one, Piggy! Whoo!

She looked up at him with perfectly innocent eyes and tucked a pink shopping bag behind her back. “Nothing,” she said sweetly. “Is that mistletoe, Kermie?”
She's never less innocent than when she's being innocent. Sometimes that's true of the frog too...

He cleared his throat and re-gathered himself, glancing at the mistletoe in his hand before grinning down at her. “Why, is what mistletoe, Miss Piggy?”

She gave him a brilliant little smile. “Kermie…” she said patiently, “…Come down here.”
YEAH! Get that green tush down there!

“Oh, well I would, Piggy,” he said, his own smile turning smug, “But I’ve gotta make sure I hang this in the exact center of the doorway…” He held the mistletoe up on the far right side of the doorway. “Does that look about center, from down there?”
<amused> Oh, you rascally frog. Serves you right that you miss your chance!

She shifted her weight, rustling the shopping bags a little. “Not even close…”

“Oh… A little to the left, maybe…” He moved the mistletoe to the far left side of the doorway. “How about that? Look centered?”

No…” She giggled.

“Oh, no? Well, maybe—“
<giggles> This is sooo sweet...

Gonzo came bounding down the stairs and jumped at the doorway. “THERE’S center!” he declared, somehow managing to snatch the mistletoe and pin it into place.
Oh, I'd believe that. He's very acrobatic.

He grabbed Kermit by the cheeks and kissed him square on the lips, “MWAH,” jumped down to give the pig the same treatment, “MWAH,” and went running out the door at the speed of light with a maniacal laugh, leaving the frog and pig reeling.
And brave to the point of fool-hardy! <laughs> I didn't expect that, and it totally cracked me up.

Miss Piggy had dropped her bags, and she spit a few times, fiercely shook her head, wiped her mouth in disgust, and glared after the weirdo. “OOH, I will GET that LITTLE—“
And Miss Piggy is way more agitated that Kermit. <so amused>

“I’ve got a better idea,” Kermit said as he looped an arm around her waist, having jumped down from the ladder.

She looked at him, startled and a little off-balance. “Wha—“
<grins> All of that, and Kermit's got her thrown of balance with a simple arm arouund her waist.

He was grinning with a mischievous look in his eyes. “Need some help carrying these bags upstairs?” he asked, tugging her closer.
Oh my! Kermit, you flirtatious frog. I completely approve.

She eyed him suspiciously as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. “Not if vous are planning on spying to see what the presents are—“

“Oh, I won’t spy,” he said, peering up at the mistletoe above them.
I do not have the words to express how happy THAT line made me. So I will borrow one of Gonzo's. Whoopie!

“Promise?”

He met her eyes and wrapped his hand around her cheek. “Promise—“
<grins> Ooooooohhhh! I do love when they promise.

“UNCLE KERMIT!” a voice shouted from upstairs.

Miss Piggy sighed. Kermit lightly scrunched his face and touched a kiss to her cheek before turning to the sound of flippersteps pounding down the stairs, warning them of his nephew’s approach. “Yes, Robin?”
And Kermiit is just as disappointed... and still gets a peck in. Yippee! Ah, Christmas.

Robin nearly flew from the foot of the stairs to his uncle’s side, grabbing the adult frog’s hands. “Uncle Kermit, can we go to the mall and see Santa Claus? Please, Uncle Kermit? Please?”
Robin's sense of urgency is very realistic, sweet and touching. I like it when he's lie a real kid.

Kermit frowned. “Robin, we already did that this year. Last week, remember?”

“I know, but something happened, and I’ve gotta see him again! Please, Uncle Kermit?”

“Well—what happened?” Kermit asked, guiding them out of the way and Miss Piggy gathered her shopping bags again.
Thank you ever so much for asking, Kermit.

Animal stopped believing in Santa!” Robin said urgently.

“WHAT?” Kermit and Miss Piggy both said, looking at the young frog.

“He did!” Robin said. “I just talked to him. He’s really upset, Uncle Kermit. Floyd said he doesn’t even want to play his drums!”
And you KNOW it's serious when THAT happens! Wait... has that ever happened?

“Well, that’s good news for my headache,” Miss Piggy said, but she was frowning.
Good grief! It's running gag! And a great one! Loved it!

Kermit shook his head, putting a hand on his nephew’s shoulder. “And—you think that—seeing Santa at the mall, will help Animal?”
<amused> I like the irony there. Yet, I hope Robin is right. since this is YOUR story, Lisa... I have high hopes.

“Of course! Santa can help. Please, Uncle Kermit, Please?”
Such trust. Don't let hiim down, Santa... or Kermit!

“…Sure, Robin,” Kermit said softly. “If you think it would help…” He turned to guide his nephew out the door.

“Park by Tiffany’s, Kermie,” Miss Piggy advised as she brought her bags inside.

Kermit paused and scrunched his face at her, plainly amused. “Piggy…”
<snickers> I'm sure she has no ulterior motives...

Trust moi, Kermie. The valet parking boys by Best Buy are very pushy today. You’ll want to avoid them.” She set down the pink shopping bag to blow him a kiss and picked the bag up again, making sure he saw the black lettering on the side. “Have fun!”
<amused> The very spirit of innocent altruism. Make sure you say hello to the diamond people, Kermie! They're... kind to frogs.

“See you, Piggy,” Kermit said, shaking his head.

“Bye, Miss Piggy!” Robin said, rushing out the door, dragging his uncle behind. “Come on, Uncle Kermit!”
Yeah, c'moooon, Kermit! Whyever would you hesitate to enter a MALL at Christmas time, eh?

*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*​

Ho ho ho!” The man in the red suit reached down and pulled the little frog up onto his knee. “Come on up here…”
Yo, yo, yo, Santa.

“I know I was already here this year, Santa,” Robin said, looking up at the man’s eyes. “But I changed my mind about what I want for Christmas.”
<sniffle> Are you ready to be warmed, heart?

The man raised his eyebrows. “Oh?” he said, his mouth almost completely hidden behind his white beard and mustache. “Well then, what would you like?”
Are you the REAL Santa, Santa, my homie?

“Well—“ Robin took a deep breath. “My friend, Animal, isn’t sure he believes in you anymore,” he said sadly. “And he’s really upset about it. He doesn’t even want to play his drums anymore, and he loves his drums. So—I was wondering—…If you could help him—believe again?” He was looking up at the man, his eyes hopeful and pleading. “Please, Santa? I don’t care about the train set, if you can do that.”
<sigh> There we go, toasty warm heart. Ah, Robin... I wish that alll good things could be granted so easily... and yet, to some extent, I believe they can. Hmm... then I just wish... they were.

The man was quiet for a moment, watching the little frog. “…You want your friend, Animal, to believe in Santa Claus again,” he said softly.

Robin nodded gravely.
My heart is a sauna. Mmmm... cozy.

The man was quiet another moment, and then he nodded slowly. “I’ll see what I can do,” he said softly, and he gently patted Robin’s shoulder. “I’ll see what I can do.”

Robin immediately beamed up at him. “THANKS, Santa!” He threw his arms around the red coat, hugging tight.
Yeah! Thanks Santa! Unless you disappoint him, in which case, I'm gonna open my patented can of whooptushie. Beware.

Yeah, you heard me.

Whooptushie.

The man hugged him back. “Merry Christmas,” he said warmly. “Say hello to your folks for me.”
Aww... he knows Robin's folks? Maybe he IS the real Santa... ini which case, please don't put me on the naughty list, sir, for threatening a tushiewhooopin'! I just get protective of Animals.

Oh, and by the way, Lisa...

You write good.

And I grammatacise gooder.

Word.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score

No…” She giggled.

“Oh, no? Well, maybe—“

Gonzo came bounding down the stairs and jumped at the doorway. “THERE’S center!” he declared, somehow managing to snatch the mistletoe and pin it into place. He grabbed Kermit by the cheeks and kissed him square on the lips, “MWAH,” jumped down to give the pig the same treatment, “MWAH,” and went running out the door at the speed of light with a maniacal laugh, leaving the frog and pig reeling.

Hahahahaha!

I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that part, Gonzo you crazy alien! That was adorable, and too funny!

Great fic, I can't wait to see what you do next!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Blinks. Layla? Layla! *Huggles her, leaves hot chocolate an 24 cookie for a forum friend we need to have here more often than not.