Christmas Eve on Sesame Street

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know where i can get the 'True Blue Miracle' song ?

Could someone make it for me , From the DVD ?

PLEASE ?

Thanks..

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
A new version of the song is on "A Sesame Street Christmas". The only difference is that Olivia and David's parts have been redone with Hoots the Owl and Elmo.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's interesting. I guess they did that because most children today probably wouldn't know who Olivia and David (Aliana Reed Hall; Northern Calloway) were. I guess once again Elmo hogs the spotlight. Lol.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Ah, the thought of stuffing elmo down a very tight chimney at Christmas . . .it's too much to dream for!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some things to notice when watching

Remember when Ernie's "sitting" in the barrel? And how he pulls it up and has legs hanging from the barrel, and they're obviously fake? How did he gert those? Did he plan this joke before hand?

On the train, Maria and David are definately a couple. This was obviously made before Luis came on the show. Maria then pecks him on the cheek.

Oscar's "swearing" at big Bird "You are without a doubt the stupidest .............Bird I've ever met!" is just a bunch of mumbling , resembling Muttley's classic Mumble cussing. (ei Razzin' frazzin' humma muh muh rrrggg)

When Erine unwraps his present, you can kind of tell that Bert's reaction is improvised. Apparently, they had trouble manipulating Ernie's hand to open the present quickly, so Frank ad libbed the line, "wrapped it pretty good, didn't I?"

Richard Hunt is credited for an appearance, but only as an extra puppeteer. (I'm probably worng about this! WHo did Richard Hunt play? None of his regular characters were in the special)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I watch this special on video every year and I wonder about some of the same things. As I have mentioned before Richard could have been Snuffy or he could have been a stand in for Carroll Spinney since Big Bird and Oscar are shown together a lot. I guess if Richard were alive today, he'd be the only one that knows for sure. I also have noticed the situation with Maria and David. Actually David kisses her. (Lol. I always wait for Luis to appear and start a fist fight with David or something like that whenever I see that scene. Another thing that's sort of ironic is when Big Bird goes up to Susan and Gordon's roof, obviously no one sees him come in or they wouldn't have gone crazy looking for him. I think an eight-foot-two yellow bird would be hard to miss.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ironicly... David, Maria and Luis all debuted in 1971 in the show's third season premiere.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Every time I watch the special and see David and Mr Hooper I turn into a blubbering wreck . . .they died too soon.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Actually, I remember reading that David was a drug addict or something in real life. I think he died because he got sick from eating grass or something. I'm not quite sure.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
I also have noticed the situation with Maria and David. Actually David kisses her.
Wel, I got them switched around, but It was definately a kiss between the two. I always wondered what would have happened if Luis never fell in love with Maria, and she maried David instead. What would have happened sice David sadly passed away?

Also. I have a theory. I have a feeling one of the educators or something had a problem with the Maria/David relationship, since it is a mixed couple, Maria being hhispanic, and David being African/American. I always wondered about that.