1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Christmas Movie Bloopers on NBC's Funniest Outtakes 2

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Cindy, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Tonight on NBC's Funniest Outtakes 2 there will be bloopers and outtakes from It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas movie that aired last Christmas. Tune in and let us know what you think! :)
  2. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

What Channel?:)
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Apparently the scene is Bunsen and Dave says in character 'I almost inhaled my own sleeve".
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It is on NBC...

They have shown several segments two-minutes each with bloopers so far. New footage with Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Pepe and Rizzo has also been shown. A couple quick bloopers have been interspersed in the program as well.

Nice to know these bloopers and new footage exists in some form. Wouldn't be surprised to see this same stuff on the DVD this fall.
  5. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

:mad: :mad: :mad:

WERE THEY ON THE FIRST HALF HOUR?!

I have most of the second on tape, but I didn't get the first half hour. Anyone on the West Coast, get your VCRs ready!!!

-Matt
  6. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well I guess that about answers it...

Posted at 8:04, when the thing started at 8. Was there no knowledge of their appearances prior to the airing? And do you know when it'll be on again? (As I canned taping it, due to missing so much).

-Matt
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i hope very much this gets onto the DVD, it'd be great for international people to see as well.
  8. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

My apologies, I posted it as soon as I saw the first clip air. We had no idea they would be showing bloopers from the movie. I never saw anything mentioned about it. I just happened to be watching. Wish I could have given more advance notice. Please forgive me.
  9. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Oh, alright. ;)

I just hate that, being a collector of Muppets on tape (and DVD, as I move with the times), I never got to tape the classic Henson when it aired. Missing stuff that I have the ability to tape now makes me go...well....insane. I'm sorry if I was harsh, its just frustrating. But, luckily I found someone who taped it through my trade circles, so all is well. Thanks for posting about it. :)

-Matt
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That was today? I would have taped it if I would've known about it. Hopefully, that will re-air sometime.
  11. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Blah. I missed it.

Curses you American Idol and my reality TV addiction (not that I actually *like* the show. I get so much enjoyment out of making fun of 'em. I know it's mean, but it's the Statler and Waldorf in me)!

:boo:
  12. Ryan

Ryan New Member

This was great. I just caught this after flipping through the channels after HS. Here are a few bloopers (there were about 20 or so)

Fozzie dancing, Michael Jackson style (no groping, fortunately)
    Eric tripping in the "puppet hole" making Piggy fall off of the swing
    Rizzo unable to say "petrey dish"
    Kermit being hit with fish by Lew
    S&W Wrestling

Those are just some of the many clips shown. There were many interviews with Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Rizzo and Pepe. Topics included: What do you call a flub? (Fozzie: "Harold."), Piggy "Never flubbing" and just regular banter between Rizzo and Pepe. Of course, Pepe overshadowed Rizzo a bit :attitude: but overall, a very very cool appearance. :cool:
  13. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

I didn't watch the show, but I did happen to see the last ten minutes and they were loaded with Muppets. Loaded I tell you!

:) :mad: :rolleyes: :o

(Like that)
  14. VC2020

VC2020 New Member

I have NBCW on my satellite so I'll catch it at 11:00 PM EST =]
  15. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

What surprised me the most about the bloopers was just how much of the program focused on the Muppets. At the beginning of the show was a 2-minute montage of bloopers from the movie and new interview clips. The Muppet Show theme was a nice touch. I thought that would be it.

But they continued to show many more bloopers from the Christmas movie and new footage as well. Probably around 8 minutes at least of Muppet clips and interviews were in the hour-long program.

It was some great promotion for Henson in prime time.
  16. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

**** it! **** it! **** it!

In case you couldn't guess, I missed it.

**** it!

I know it's going to be edited.

**** it!
  17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Is now about the right time to propose an 'MC Video Clip Of The Week' feature ?

:o
  18. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I want to know if anyone caught the WHOLE show on video ?

'Cause i know how sometimes you see a Muppet and BANG on the 'record' button, And miss a few seconds.

So did anyone catch the WHOLE show on video ?

see ya
  19. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Crossing fingers & hoping to see it on the DVD release of the movie.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've seen the whole thing... I wish I taped it in retrospect. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a tape quick enough, and my VCR's been acting funny.

Anyway, I love how they actually showed Muppet Bloopers somewhere. These are quite rare, especially when they Fluff a line or mess up in character.

I loved Bunsen's.. ":Excuse me! I seem to have enhaled my sleeve."

I'll be repeating that for a while!