Christmas Movie News

Smig

Reaction score
According to the DARK HORIZONS website, the NBC tv movie, A VERY MUPPET CHRISTMAS, begins a six-week shooting scedule in Vancouver July 15th.

Smig

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Smig!

Drtooth

Reaction score
As the famed TV detective Columbo would say... One question! Will the Muppet Movie be available on video (like Jim Henson's Jack and the Beabstalk), or will I have to tape it off the air? I might as well, but it never hurts to ask.

Thog

Reaction score
I would tape it. You never know how they are going to butcher it if they do put it on DVD or VHS. Like they did Muppet Family Christmas. Or it could be like the John Denver special, and never relesed!

Dan

Thog

Reaction score
Here is more news on that.

A Very Muppet Christmas Starts Shooting Next Month

According to Production Weekly, the NBC-made-for- movie is scheduled to begin a six week shoot starting July 15th in Vancouver, British Columbia. The telefilm will be directed by Kirk Thatcher, who served as second unit director on the 1999 Muppets from Space, and wrote the 1996 screenplay for Muppets Treasure Island. Actors Steve Whitmire (Kermit the Frog) and Frakn Oz (Miss Piggy/Fozzie Bear), who have both previously lent their voices to the 1992 The Muppets Christmas Carol, are expected to return. The story written by veteran Muppet writer Jim Lewis, will incorporate parodies of classic Christmas films and feature guest shots and cameo appearances by NBC stars and will mark the first significant kiss between Kermit and his longtime love, Miss Piggy.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
We probably shouldn't get too excited about the possiblity of Frank just yet. It says 'expected to return' which may mean they are assuming Frank will be a part of the production because they know Piggy is in the movie and Frank has traditionally been a part of Muppet productions. It is possible the person who put the blurb together doesn't know about Eric. I'm not saying Frank won't be there, I'm just saying we shouldn't count on it.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I never count on anything; I'd just end up disappointed. :-*

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
AT LAST....the Muppets have come back to Canada!

(doing my best Rock impersonation)

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Frank won't be there

Word in the NY puppeteering community is that Eric has been signed to play Piggy in the upcoming Christmas movie. Not sure who is doing Fozzie, Animal or Sam.
-Artie