CITV/Scoop - Henson Feature

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Hiya,

Going through my old tapes (when I use to watch television alot) I found this very, very old feature from one of our UK television channels, ITV/CITV from a programme called 'Scoop' basically a children's info sort of show, only ran for about 12 weeks.

This 5 minute video file sees Isla Fisher go around the Jim Henson Creature Shop in London as they make "Construction Site" which uses the famous Waldo system or whatever its called to operate these wonderful construction vehicles. Isla is followed by the one and only Flat Eric (you'll definately remember him, Buck!) who is apparently a muppet from the Henson company!? (Didn't know that one!)

So here's the link: http://damfilms.mine.nu/test/scoophenson.avi its encoded in DIVX so you'll need the latest codec from www.divx.com so please download and enjoy!

David.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Flat Eric is not technically a "MUPPET", he was built by the London shop for a series of comercials, and was used in a a music video for MR OIZO, or something like that,

never saw him up close, but i always thought he was a pretty terrble design, didnt move to good from what i remember,

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Yes, Eric looks alittle rough around the edges. though I wouldn't class him as a Muppet really... but the adverts he appeared were darn good... as was that music...

practicecactus

Reaction score
I didn't know much about Flat eric, so I did a bit of research on him a while back.Yeah the ads he did where pretty good . I have them all now, and my favourite is the stewed prunes one.
But just getting back to that vid on the london creature shop..I love the bit where digs says he has to go get flat eric's autograph, reverses, and just kind of, doesn't have the power to take off, and you can hear him say.."oh dear.."