prickle747

Reaction score
Classic Canadian Footage of the show in our area was

2 channels: CBC & Treehouse

CBC aired 1 hr show and later Sesame Park
Treehouse aired Open Sesame

when 30 years of S.S. came around old skits surfaced
this year being 35 who knows ? anybodys guess

i think CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) has a massive s.s. archive collection since non-noggin skits were found there the most.

I grew up watching S.S. on CBC that was the main TV Station at the time..........as many of us in Canada would agree.

Smy Guiley.............where did you come across your footage ?

any other Canadian's out there.......please share your thoughts.

Kamit

Reaction score
Hmmm I have to admit, most of the time when I watched Sesame Street, I was watching the "American" version on PBS.

There was almost no difference between the two except for the fact that the Canadian one had three "Canadian" Muppets that would pop up in non-Street sections. A female bush pilot, a beaver and a bear (Louie and Basil - I think Louie was the beaver and Basil was the bear)

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
Classic Canadian Footage of the show in our area was

2 channels: CBC & Treehouse

CBC aired 1 hr show and later Sesame Park
Treehouse aired Open Sesame

when 30 years of S.S. came around old skits surfaced
this year being 35 who knows ? anybodys guess

i think CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) has a massive s.s. archive collection since non-noggin skits were found there the most.

I grew up watching S.S. on CBC that was the main TV Station at the time..........as many of us in Canada would agree.

Smy Guiley.............where did you come across your footage ?

any other Canadian's out there.......please share your thoughts.
There are definitely Canadian-only skits I'm looking for but I'm sure I'll never find. If I EVER find the one with "Les Mains" (The Hands--which were detached from their bodies, just floating and playing invisible instruments) playing be-bop jazz on a blue background, my brother (who's now fully grown with degrees and diplomas galore) will have a fit! This one used to send him running! That's a scary Sesame moment you can't normally discuss with people cuz they've never seen the Canadian clips! I used to watch SS at 11:00 am on CBC and then at 1:00 pm on PBS, so I got a large serving everyday, including Spanish AND French clips. I don't have any of them now, and don't know where to turn for stuff like that. CBC has recently pulled Sesame Park from it's morning lineup completely. Now what?

later
eric

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This all reminds me of a really cool show with puppets that was produced in Canada, that used to air on PBS from 1998 to 2000 during the spring break, summer break, and Christmas break, and that show was....Wimzie's House! I really miss that show. I loved it.

prickle747

Reaction score
we were lucky in our area several non-noggin sketches or skits aired at the 30 year mark..........i think boober gorg was pleased....

my 2 favorite skits is chocolate cake with ernie n bert and b.d.
(ernie you ate that cake, you ate it !!)

and the pillow skit with ernie n cookie monster........
(hhuhuhuh i want the pillow....i want the pillow....the pillow ?)

WHAT A BLAST FROM THE PAST......LONG LIVE THE CLASSICS !!

SSUfan

Reaction score
needed Unpaved episodes .....

Hi everyone ,

I am new here does anyone here have copies of Sesame Street unpaved episodes which i may be able to purchase I have been searching for these episodes for such a long time please help..
Martin

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
prickle747 said:
we were lucky in our area several non-noggin sketches or skits aired at the 30 year mark..........i think boober gorg was pleased....
More than pleased ... so was Ryan :wink:.

Welcome, Martin. To answer your question, no one here SELLS tapes, but we trade instead. We make copies of our episodes for you if you can give us something in return (some people accept blank tapes).

prickle747

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
More than pleased ... so was Ryan :wink:.

Welcome, Martin. To answer your question, no one here SELLS tapes, but we trade instead. We make copies of our episodes for you if you can give us something in return (some people accept blank tapes).

Ryan ? not sure if i met him.

SSUfan

Reaction score
I wish I had something to trade the 6 episodes I had was lost in a fire I am now tryin to get back a collection now that my son is of age to enjoy them with me he just turned 3 . I hoping someone could help me ........Oh wait I have an the first 3 DVD's in the best of the muppet show release if anyone cares for that.??

Alain

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
There are definitely Canadian-only skits I'm looking for but I'm sure I'll never find. If I EVER find the one with "Les Mains" (The Hands--which were detached from their bodies, just floating and playing invisible instruments) playing be-bop jazz on a blue background, my brother (who's now fully grown with degrees and diplomas galore) will have a fit! This one used to send him running! That's a scary Sesame moment you can't normally discuss with people cuz they've never seen the Canadian clips! I used to watch SS at 11:00 am on CBC and then at 1:00 pm on PBS, so I got a large serving everyday, including Spanish AND French clips. I don't have any of them now, and don't know where to turn for stuff like that. CBC has recently pulled Sesame Park from it's morning lineup completely. Now what?

later
eric
They had done a skit on les mains (the hands). I'm looking for an old skit of body parts, this one is called "les pieds" (the feet). "on peut faire beaucoup de choses avec les pieds" (we cand do a lot of things with feet). Showing a bed with an adult and a kid beeing covered with their feet out of the blanket. Same kind of skit like T FOR TOES but talking about the great things who can be done with feet. Showing feet walking on the sand, playing ball, touching the pool water, running on the grass, rollerskating, bicycle riding, tickling our twin sister, following the beat of the music, skating, scratching the other leg, counting to ten by using the toes, ballerina. It ends with the same barefeet out of the bed from the beginning, close-up of their toes, wiggling them in front of the camera.

Did anyone remember that skit? If it does I would like to have a copy on videotape.

Thank you.