Classic clip discovered on 123 Sesame Street

mikealan

Reaction score
Guys!! I've discovered a classic counting clip on the Season 30 episode of Sesame Street I saw today. This clip was a cartoon with a clown-like candy man and it went like this:

Oh, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight
Pennies in your hand
Buy eight red balls of bubble gum,
From the penny candy man.
Eight cents will buy you eight licorice sticks,
Whip and snap like rubber.
Eight cents buys eight valentine hearts
That all say Hubba, hubba, hubba,
Hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba, hubba.

Eight cents will buy you eight jelly beans
Or eight candy slices of orange.
Eight cents will buy you eight mints of green
Or eight corny candy corn.
Eight penny lollipops, eight lemon drops
Everything looks so grand.
From the one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight
Penny candy man.
(Whistle)
Penny candy man.

8!

Anybody remembers this clip?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course I remember this classic! This is the classic animated song for the number 8 which is part of our classic number song favorites: 12, The Ladybug's Picnic; 11, It's a Lovely 11 O'Clock Morning!; 10, Ten Tiny Turtles; 9, The Martian Beauty; 8, The Penny Candyman; 7, The Alligator King; 6, Six Snails, 4, Four Big Lions, 3, The Amazing 3 Dance, and 2, The Two-Step all sung by Jim Henson's animated character the Amazing Slim; and 5, Bat-Five and 1, the Song of the Count. Hope this helps, oh and BTW: all these songs can be found on the record album The Count's Countdown. This is the one whose record cover has the Count von Count and a lot of different numbers falling either from the sky around him or inside his cape. There's another album called the Count Presents Numbers! which contains the former record and another one with different number-based songs.