Classic clips on new Sesame Street

mikealan

Reaction score
Okay, okay. I know that it's so sad that SSU is only shown on early Monday mornings, because I think SSU is a very unpopular show and nobody liked old Sesame Street, and preschoolers like the new Sesame Street better. But the new Sesame Street still has our favorites on Season 30 on Noggin. The favorites I saw on Season 30 are...

Rubber Duckie (original version)
The Ballad of Casey Mcphee (old Cookie Monster skit)
The King Of Eight that had eight daughters in the Land Of Eight
An old claymation where twelve stones count up to twelve
The 2 Train (an old cartoon)
Ernie Draws Bert's Face On Screen
Sand-like letter animations where the male voice announces the capital letter and the child's voice announces the small letter
The Noo-nee-noo Typewriter Guy
Sherlock Hemlock
Placido Flamingo
The Counting Circus Guy
An old animated segment on what we do with a pet
Monsterpiece Theater segments (in particular like Gone With the Wind and The King And I)
Kermit the Reporter-Piper's Pickled Peppers
Any of the Two-Headed Monster skits
A scary live-action film where ice cubes form the word "ICE"
Alphabet Fireworks
Put Down the Duckie
Penny Candy Man
The Alligator King

Wow, these segments are right before Elmo's World. Don't be frustrated about missing them, because they're still on Noggin!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember most of those...

Was "Ernie Draws Bert's Face on Screen" the one where Bert gets P.O.d at Ernie just because he put a mustache and beard on the picture. Then to make the two faces look alike he put a mustache and beard on the real Bert? That one was classic. I have got to get Noggin!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Excuse me?

I loved the original sesame street and i think the NEW version of it is garbage!
I think he was referring to the preschool audience of the show, who all probably don't like classic Sesame Street because there's no Elmo.

The new version isn't garbage either.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I know. I hope Sesame Street episodes from Seasons 17-21 and Season 24 will air in PBS Sprout in the future.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think he was referring to the preschool audience of the show, who all probably don't like classic Sesame Street because there's no Elmo.
Actually the reviews of Follow That Bird on Amazon.com are very positive. A lot of kids today love it, despite the lack of Elmo.

There are some kids who prefer the new show. But there are plenty that like the old version, they're just not given much of an opportunity. :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Actually the reviews of Follow That Bird on Amazon.com are very positive. A lot of kids today love it, despite the lack of Elmo.

There are some kids who prefer the new show. But there are plenty that like the old version, they're just not given much of an opportunity. :smile:
*nods* I've made a few friends on YouTube who are old-schoolers with toddlers of their own; they've said the kids enjoyed the older clips, too. In my opinion, Sesame Workshop should take advantage of that by airing more oldies that kids today could still understand. ("Typewriter Guy" letter segments and 1960s song parodies might go over a toddler's head, but there's plenty of other great material that doesn't feel dated.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember most of those...

Was "Ernie Draws Bert's Face on Screen" the one where Bert gets P.O.d at Ernie just because he put a mustache and beard on the picture. Then to make the two faces look alike he put a mustache and beard on the real Bert? That one was classic. I have got to get Noggin!
No, that's the sketch where Ernie has Bert pose for the camera so that his face can be traced. It's available in Old School Volume 1, in episode 536.