Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I agree.

So, if this special is one-hour long, that means about 43 minutes of actual show. How many songs do you think it will have and how Christmasy do you think they will they be? How will the writing balance turn out? Will it be enjoyable to both younger new fans and us vintage fanatics? :crazy:
Here, straight from Dave Goelz on 9/9:

This one came up suddenly and we're shooting in NY. It's off to a good start. Paul Williams wrote four wonderful songs for it.

It's a fun shoot with a good crew.

There you have it!

:stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score

This one came up suddenly and we're shooting in NY. It's off to a good start. Paul Williams wrote four wonderful songs for it.

There you have it!

...Wow. WOW. WOOOOOOW! FOUR new Paul Williams songs! FOUR! FOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR! I LOVE THE MUPPETS! ! ! !

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Go Paul Williams! If only Christmas were here now!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I wonder if this means there going to up the relase to Jason Seagl's movie

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Though it would be nice to get multiple specials and the movie in the same year, I think it could be better to space them apart some so we'd have something to look forward to.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

There you have it!

Wow! I was dead on about the number of songs for this special!:big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
You were dead-on alright. Hopefully Ryan can be dead-on about the special's quality. And if the online stuff is any indication, Ryan will be pretty close in regards to quality.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I hope the songs will be available to buy on a cd.... Maybe something like the wizard of oz album with some older (and maybe some rarer) Muppet songs mixed. Given the muppets released a Christmas album 2 years ago but they did win a grammy sooooo.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Perhaps they could include songs from AVMMX and MFC, as well as include this special's songs?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well im going to put this out here for what it is worth. Jim Lewis is not involved in this movie.