Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think it's going to be great! I just feel it in my bones. It's the kind of thing that I don't feel worried about at all--I do worry that the Muppets will get in a Holiday Special kind of rut, but this will be a good holiday special!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But they cannot get in a rut if the movie is still being made, could they?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But they cannot get in a rut if the movie is still being made, could they?
That makes sense.

I saw the article, too, about the stars and I'm wondering about those. I know Uma Thurman and she could be very funny with the Muppets (as long as there are no lame Tarantino references to date the show), but I do not recognize any of the other names.

Well, Bloomberg I do, but that's a given.

Anyway, what are the thoughts about the guest stars?

Either way, I'm still excited!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I think the choices for the special as far as guests are a good match, its not overwhelmed with grade A people, and the A listers (such as Whoopi & Uma) would be fantastic WITH the muppets, seeing the guest list and looking it up, I think it's a good decission. It's not like we have I guess I could say overrated people. Some of the actors are big and accomplished a lot, but still very down to earth, which will compliment the muppets greatly.

I am really just stoked about this project. We're finallly I hope going to get something better.

I also wonder if Paul wrote a song for Pepe'?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it really seems that they are going all out for this one. Unlike with OZ where they really didn't seem to work hard to get the best stars. I really hope that this is written well is the only thing. We are getting new Muppet writers, and that can be kind of scary rembere Oz? Oz had so many different writeres that had really never wrote a Muppet movie or show, and thats one of the reasons i don't think it it did as well. It brings up the age old question: Witch is better experiesce, or new blood?

Beauregard

Reaction score
A mixture of both, is best. Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something blue (Gonzo?). I think that these writer's have the "late-night sensability" and that they will make that work for the Muppets for this. I have no doubt that Jim will be writing bits for interviews, apperearances and advertising related to this movie, so it's not as if he's completely uninvolved. Plus, he can continue to write the Muppet website clips, and maybe more books.

If he'd been fully involved in creating this project, no doubt some of the other stuff would have been left undone.

At this stage, I have total faith in this project.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Some of the actors are big and accomplished a lot, but still very down to earth, which will compliment the muppets greatly.
Which means that--although they may get a top billing--they won't outshine The Muppets in The Muppets' own film.
I think that these writer's have the "late-night sensability" and that they will make that work for the Muppets for this.
Just as long as it's not late night stuff ala The Sapranos or Jerry Springer-esque garbage...XD

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, we're talking Craige Fergusan type late-night, I believe, and you don't get much funnier from a Britishman turned American than he.

Bea:zany{(how many of those can there even be though?)}regard