1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Sep 9, 2008.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

can anyone please post the link? :D

2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Just go to www.nbc.com and look for the big button about the Macy's Parade (complete with Kermit on the FRONT!) and then go to their holiday page and it's easy to find from there.

3. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

thanks for the post! :) it looks awesome! Miss Piggy on the letter belt made me laugh out loud cause just the way her legs were kicking hahah

5. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

I'm geting excited for this. I got a kick out of seeing Pops, Sweetums, and Beau in the two online videos.

6. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

The second I saw Pops and Sweetums, I couldn't help but to be extremely excited! I can't wait!

7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS THING!

*Runs to Doc Brown's house to swipe his time machine*

8. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I am so pumped up now seeing the videos. I love the new puppet technology they are using

9. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

That was awsome and the clips i saw durring the parade today looked really cool too! This is looking more and more like a real special Muppet project! It looks like they are using two diffrent Fozzie puppets though, the MFS-ish one outside the post office and a more classic looking one, (which i like better) during the song number.:o

10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wow.....
    http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_...ideo/clips/a-muppets-christmas-preview/852503

This doesn't look like some "special", this has the look and feel of
    a Muppet film. Heck this has more of a theatrical film look/feel than the Muppet Christmas and Oz thing. No, this is the Muppets BACK in the big apple, and holy goodness is the magic back. So cool seeing
    Big Mean Carl, Mr. Peasey/Director, Luncheon Counter Monster, Pops, assorted rats, chickens and of course the core of Kermit/Pepe/Gonzo/Piggy/Fozzie/Animal/Rizzo.

*so wishes this was a two hour thing, since one hour tv special means 45 minutes of actual time*

11. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

can someone post the christmas preview on youtube? thanks!

12. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

Seeing Pops, Sweedums, & The Luncheon Counter Monster was great then I saw Beauregard in the preview and just about jumped for joy out of my chair!
    This thing is going to be so awesome, now if only Digit and Leon would make a come back.

13. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Outside the USA cannot open the NBC link.

Is it on youtube, or anyone know how I can watch it?

Is this special gonna be shown in the UK?

Chris

14. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

Wow! That NBC preview is terrific! The music is great, the Muppets feel true to their characters (loved Gonzo: "I gotta try this"), and the whole thing just feels right.

Bring it on!
    :)

15. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

That was actually pretty good. I like Pepe commenting on the absurdity of the post office being like that. Gonzo jumping on the conveyor belt was classic as well. It reminded me of GMC where he got his nose stuck and tells Fozzie he's got to try it. The werido is weird again. Bloomberg's part was "meh".

16. stick

stick New Member

hope this dec 17th is airing in canada.

17. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

18. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

Me either. If they say they have everybody, I can't wait to see it.

19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Any danger of these previews appearing on YouTube anytime soon? Not that I'm complaining...I'm just COMPLAINING! Gimme previews! Gimme gimme GIMME! *ahem* Anyone able to transfer these things to Youtube?

Bea:zanu:{Has apparently been off MC long enough to get a message at the top of the forum saying that I haven't posted for ages and should join a discussion...}regard

20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! What! THAT, my friend, is ridiculous.