Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Ive been telling people at work about this and the NEW 2nd DCshow and they all get excited...:smile: as with me...the MORE news I hear on this (mostly every day his week) the more geeky I get! :big_grin:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Studio DC wasn't something that impressed me from the start. This special on the other hand, we've heard mostly good things. And good is an understatement, I believe.

I see why you would be cautious, but I for one am excited.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the girlfriend thing (or the mafia thing as I said heh). This is really going to be a wait and see for me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just ventured over to Tough Pigs and noticed their second part article from the set of this special. All I can say is WOW! It seems that much care is going into the special.

By the way, there is a part that gets into the infamous toss-away Oz nipple joke that I loved, but some fans found distasteful. Evidently it came from Dave himself in an improv they never expected to make the cut. Whether you're for it or against it, it came from the performer. This is probably why Goelz' characters and humor speak to me. I really enjoy his take on things - even in the improv. Director Kirk Thatcher must too. The one thing that this special reportedly has in it that seemed to be missing from Oz and VMX is heart. I am so glad. That’s what makes for an appropriate balance for the rather adult humor. :concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I just ventured over to Tough Pigs and noticed their second part article from the set of this special. All I can say is WOW! It seems that much care is going into the special.

By the way, there is a part that gets into the infamous toss-away Oz nipple joke that I loved, but some fans found distasteful. Evidently it came from Dave himself in an improv they never expected to make the cut. Whether you're for it or against it, it came from the performer. This is probably why Goelz' characters and humor speak to me. I really enjoy his take on things - even in the improv. Director Kirk Thatcher must too. The one thing that this special reportedly has in it that seemed to be missing from Oz and VMX is heart. I am so glad. That’s what makes for an appropriate balance for the rather adult humor. :concern:

Did you also see that Frank Oz had came by to say hi on the set. That could be good because if he sees that the Muppets are back to the way they where he may want to Direct them again.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Did you also see that Frank Oz had came by to say hi on the set. That could be good because if he sees that the Muppets are back to the way they where he may want to Direct them again.
I did see all of that. Great stuff! TP is getting back to the parts that I liked the best - good in-the-know articles and the ugly toys pageant! I can't wait for that.

I think Frank Oz should definitely have a permanent role in executive producing these Muppet projects at the very least. He's got the right idea when it comes to Muppets - of course! I think Eric should be the one and only performer of Oz' originated characters unless Frank has the particular desire to reprise the role. It doesn't appear he wants to do that and the Muppets need continuity now more than ever. I think it would be fun to see Frank direct the next TV special! I'm sure such a short shoot could fit into his schedule. :halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would LOVE for Frank to direct something Muppets. Even if just once, but I would love to have him over something: TV special, Movie (please!), or a Special TV Movie! :smile: