1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Don't you just love it when rare episodes make their way to YT?? :D

Jared DiCarlo and WhoseLineFan like this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Kind of a meh episode if you ask me. Felt like there was more inserts and filler than there was street scenes.

Then again, some episodes are like that, like this one:

Big Bird and Snuffy seemed to spend more time preparing for their adventure than actually having one, and their only "adventure" was trying Gina's vegetable pie.

3. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I was never a big fan of Play With Me Sesame. I always thought of it as the cheap Sesame Street knockoff and it always played in a place where there's barely any kids shows except for Barney and Oobi.

I don't know why, but I just think of it that way.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If it was made by the same people, how can it be a knockoff?

5. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

No, like a knockoff as if they wanted more to their company's success, Sesame Studios for example.

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Or The Electric Company. Or 3-2-1 Contact. Or Square One TV. Or Ghostwriter. Or Dragon Tales. Or Sagwa.

All just trying to recapture lightning in a bottle.

7. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

This was the defining clip for Kevin realizing what he wanted Elmo to be.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  8. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

Indeed it is. It was already on YT but recorded off a tv with a camera so the quality was terrible, so I just ripped it from the 40 Years of Sunny Days DVD. One of my favorite Elmo clips.

9. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

It's possible that someone else could've recorded some of the other episodes, as Betamax was just beginning to hit the stores at this time. I hope more episodes from that season turn up someday.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

So Sesame Street is okay with the lost episodes never being seen again?

11. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

Don't say that. There's always hope that someday these "lost episodes" will be uncovered.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  12. Garrett

Garrett Member

You want to know what segment I want to see? Here's a still from it.

[​IMG]
    Does anybody know where I can find it?

13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

It looks pretty harsh.

14. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

Angry Annie?

15. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

This must be very rare:

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  16. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

I think it is. There are a couple of other videos on that channel that may also be as well.

17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Sesame Street just uploaded this Two-Headed Monster sketch. It's funny and sweet, but it raises some disturbing questions about their anatomy:

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I found a partially-English copy of "We Coulda" (the English part is what was featured in The Gang's All Here album, there is a bit of spoken word dialogue not included in the album).

A few years ago somebody sent me a link to an international episode that had this (but with the sound off) and I watched this part (which, I think, was removed shortly after), all this time I was thinking the music started at the very beginning (I felt like it would have been good to have the music playing at the opening pan-over to Biff and Sully building the dog house).

I downloaded the song shortly after seeing the segment without any audio, and I was a bit curious because there's a scene with them as presidents but the album version doesn't have Biff sing about them being presidents - and now I know that the music briefly stopped when Biff says they could have been presidents (most likely spoken live on set).

It took a few views before I noticed that, with the various jobs, they don't fully change clothes. I did think it was odd that during the doctors fantasy that they were in their regular clothes (minus the hats) as opposed to traditional doctor coats, but I really didn't notice that as the case with the other profession attires (when they are actors, they're just given capes and collars; when presidents, they're just given ties, all this time I thought they were in suits). I guess they didn't have much time to change their shirts.

When I first saw the image of them as presidents on Muppet Wiki, I was surprised by how Biff looked without his hat, thinking his hair stuck out a lot more than I had expected. But now that I watch this and see more angels of Biff's hair, it does look more like what I'd expected, with some of his hair still sticking up (I'd also seen him hatless in Don't Forget to Watch the Movies, but I still had trouble telling how it looked, as he was a bit far from the screen and moving up and down a bit).

Hopefully some day we'll see a full English version, but this is good enough for now.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Here's a clip that I hadn't seen before, but have seen a still image at Muppet Wiki for years. Was an English copy of this clip already online/in tape trading circles, or is this the first time (that we know of) that an English version is available to fans in the age of the internet?

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  20. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

@Oscarfan uploaded this nearly a week ago:

Looking at the Wiki, I think it's fair to say that it has been in the trading circles for quite some time. It was shown in #3163 (which of course was part of Noggin's 123 SS Season 25 package) and #1297 (one of the rare episodes that came out of the vault back in Summer 2015...except that particular copy had a lot of glitches) so...this could very well be the first time it made its way online in superior quality...but what do I know?