1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan Well-Known Member

Hmm... I might know why that is. Sesame Workshop probably told NantoVision to take them down which that user might have done or SW nuked the videos due to copyright.

2. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

Apparently this has been requested a whole bunch, so here it is for whoever wants to see it.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  3. WhoseLineFan

Thank you.

4. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Not exactly "Classic" per se, but SW just uploaded this. So, I wonder...

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  5. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Guessing this was based off of the song OR the song was based off of this story.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  6. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

When I said "I wonder" I wasn't referring to this specific episode. I was talking about the fact that SW just uploaded a full episode, and it makes me wonder if they're going to start uploading random full episodes on Fridays from now on.

Blue Frackle, gavry3 and WhoseLineFan like this.
  7. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

They just uploaded another one last Friday, episode 4154: The Amazing Alphabet Race. I would love to see them upload some classic episodes that have not yet surfaced, though I'm not sure how realistic that is. I'm guessing that they may not consider episodes from the 2000s to be "classic." I've seen them upload clips from the 2000s (and sometimes even the late 90s) on days other than Thursday.

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Imma throw this math out again, since I guess I have to all the time:

There was no discernible "classic" period, except what the fans considered. When SS.org relaunched in 2008, "classic" applied to all material before fall 1993 (Season 25); a 15 year difference.

Now, it's been nearly ten years since that. Does the "classic" mark stay where it was, or does it continue moving forward as the show does? Because now, the difference between "classic" (1993) and "current" (2017) is 24 years.

So, some may bristle at something from 2000 being considered "classic," but if something from 1993 was considered "classic" by 2008, shouldn't something from 2000 be considered classic by 2015, since there's the same time gap?

Yeah, stuff from the 70s and 80s will always be "Old School," but that doesn't mean something from 1996 or 2004 can't be considered the same as the show continues.

muppetgem likes this.
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You have to, or you choose to?

10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

11. WhoseLineFan

The video isn't showing for me.

MuppetSpot likes this.
  12. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

Anyone else's videos disappearing? For the past few days, many of my uploads got blocked. A handful of street scenes, and my upload of Bedtime Stories & Songs. It's getting kinda annoying cause it doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I honestly don't pay 100% to what people have uploaded, so I have no clue if something from NantoVision or whoever is removed unless it's a popular thing.

Full home videos I can understand, street scenes not so much. I've gotten some copyright notices on some things SW hasn't even put online anywhere, but I don't notice anything of mine being removed.

14. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

Schfifty's videos of 3851 and 3703 have been blocked.

WhoseLineFan likes this.
  15. WhoseLineFan

Already mentioned in some other threads.