1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Well, this just made its way to YouTube:

I think the endings of the remakes were more hysterical...I'm sure you can see why...

Phillip likes this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

Yeah, I won't lie. The D one felt kind of rushed. But on a random note, the voice sounds like Joe Raposo. Anyone agree?

3. gbrobeck

gbrobeck Active Member

I remember this so vividly. My mom said after watching it, (I would have been about 4 years old) I came up to her and asked if it was true that I grew in her belly because I saw it on Sesame Street.

4. LittleJerry92

Props to @Oscarfan for this one:

I'm thrilled to see the full version on YouTube. I remember I used to have this one on tape (or, I think I did, anyway) from Noggin's 123 Sesame Street before it got taped over. And boy, this song tripped me out when I was young. Stop motion didn't always agree with me back then.

5. LittleJerry92

By the way, after watching the 70's promos, I gotta say, it is disappointing that they weren't included on the first two Old School boxsets.... But there's always plenty of material I could say should have been included, but that's another problem for another day.

6. LittleJerry92

Regarding this clip, I won't lie. I could never stand Brian's Telly voice; wayyyyy too whiney and scraggy.

7. LittleJerry92

For what it's worth, here's Herry's family song on its own. I gotta say though, I always get a sick feeling watching clips with Northern Calloway in his later years just because of how out of shape he was, and he had alot of legal issues going on at that time before he eventually got fired and passed away.

On a random note, I remember being very confused as a kid when I watched the "Monster Hits" tape and wondered why Herry's mom had a different voice in the linking footage (and on another random note, I remember finding that scene difficult to watch as a kid because of how emotional it was).

Also, speaking of Northern, here's the early version of "A Very Simple Dance" on its own with Northern in his prime, courtesy of @hooperfan:

8. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

9. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

11. LittleJerry92

It's a shame Sesame Workshop didn't bother uploading that back in 2008/2009 since it was used in that god-awful Elmo's Green mashup.

"Elmo's Green!!!!!! Elmo's Green!!!!! Elmo's Green!!!!!!"

Plus, Cookie Monster skits are just funny.

12. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

This has finally been found in English! I'm betting it only aired a few times around the Holiday seasons, as it'd be out of place to air in the spring or something.
    I was surprised by the different announcer spiel at the start; I was expecting to hear the usual standard "We take you now to Kermit the Frog with another fast-breaking news story!" announcement recording used on most 1983-1990 News Flash segments.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  13. LittleJerry92

Yeah, I'm betting it was probably only aired within episodes premiering around Christmas time.

It certainly is nice to this one to see the light of day in English.

14. LittleJerry92

Well, "One Singular Sensation" has seen the light of day in its full version.... But surprise, surprise, it's in a foreign dub. :rolleyes:

I was surprised to see the intro was longer than I expected.

15. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

So did anyone notice that "Surprise" song was on YT? I noticed it was up there yesterday, but I was wondering if anyone else has. I know we've been asking about that one for a while.

16. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

Yeah, we noticed. I don't know the full story of it, but I still don't think it's the one everyone is clamoring for.

17. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I heard, so there's a chance there may be one with Matt or Hal as Gordon. We'll have to keep our eyes and ears open.

18. LittleJerry92

How are you guys sure there's another version of that song with Matt or Hal as Gordon?

19. Daffyfan2003

Actually I was just guessing. I recall another site that said that it was either Roscoe, Hal or Matt as Gordon depending on how old that sketch/song was, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

20. LittleJerry92

So, I noticed some of my videos actually ended up getting blocked..... But interestingly enough, they were all fast/slow videos that I honestly years later thought were stupid (Windows movie Maker days....). Not that I care for reasons previously mentioned, but still..... Weird, man.... Weird.