1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

So even Tiny Dancer's material is being taken down too?

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Well, no one has the special privilege to upload clips.

3. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

At 0:30, there's a very brief clip of Oscar and Bob from season 8 or 9.

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  4. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I've been thinking a lot lately. For those of you who don't know, Shane has made his own page on the Wiki of old SS songs that he found in a CTW archive document, all of which are from the first 9 or 10 seasons of the show. There's one song listed that caught my eye right from the first time I saw this page by the name of "It Doesn't Have to Be Cold on Christmas", which I can assume aired some time between Seasons 6 and 10 (since Sam Pottle is listed as one of the composers).

Personally, I think this would be a suitable clip for SW to dig out and upload...at this time of year, anyway. Because, when you think about it, there ARE lots of places that aren't cold on Christmas (so to speak). I know SW rarely uploads rarities for their TBT posts but still...

And for anyone who's wondering, here's the page: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/User:Oscarfan/CTW_Archive_Songs

5. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

SesameWorkshop has uploaded the infamous News Flash 3-part segment about Kermit and the snowstorm, in high definition no less!

It even includes Kermit's "I'M GONNA GET YA HARVEY KNEESLAPPER!"

6. LittleJerry92

I'm surprised the Workshop actually uploaded a full multiple part skit for once.

7. LittleJerry92

Not a classic clip, but something if y'all need a good laugh. :p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Speed it up to 2.

9. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Awesome job, man!

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  10. LittleJerry92

Thanks! It was something that just popped in my head one day.

The ideas/thoughts that go on in my head...

11. LittleJerry92

Can I just say how happy I am to see this clip finally see the light of day? Oh man, I've been looking for it for a long, long time. (This clip actually introuced me to "Three Little Birds" as a kid, and I was surprised to her it on its own shortly after; my dad is a big Bob Marley fan, likewise am I).

@Schfifty can I just say some of your uploads have given me a near heart attack (figureatively speaking)?

The other one being "Rockin' Rockets" in late 2016.

Schfifty likes this.
  12. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Well, that's what you get when your parent records a whole bunch of Sesame material for you as a kid. :)

I was actually going to rip something else from the tape this segment was on, but then I decided, "Eh, I'll go ahead and let that one user who kept requesting this be satisfied." Glad you're happy to see this film again.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  13. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

What were you planning on ripping?

14. LittleJerry92

I honestly started singing along as soon as I was watching the clip. I actually remembered the song being instrumental in the film. Amazing how the mind plays tricks on you.

(I'll also be honest; I've gotten high to this song. Then again, what stoner hasn't?).

15. Pig's Laundry

Here's a compilation of the music cues used at the end of the old Muppet sketches:

16. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

I totally downloaded this video to use at the end of some of my videos! :)

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  17. Pig's Laundry

I had the same idea.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I've wanted a clean recording of the button at 0:05 for years!

I remember Shane used to close his Fenwick and Bob Blob vids with some of these.

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  19. Pig's Laundry

I really like the song at 2:25 that they played whenever there was a heartwarming moment.

D'Snowth likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"So smile! You're a very special person! Like me! Kchk-kchk-kchk!"

Pig's Laundry likes this.