1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

"Oh, yeah! Well- well, hi! Boy, I sure am glad it's you!

Gee, this certainly is a special day..."

(I'll be honest, as a kid, I never caught on to the fact that Bert and Ernie were looking at me and referring to me as the viewer; I thought it was just some random person we couldn't see).

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought they were real until I was four, but I didn't register that any of the characters were addressing the audience.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  3. LittleJerry92

So, this is something that kind of came in my head.

Obviously, Sesame Workshop doesn't take requests, and I respect that nor can I say I blame them for not wanting to. However, if I sent out an email just sending out a possible list of suggestions that they could consider, do you think they might respond with a possible "Thanks for checking out our content. We will consider those skits for possible future uploads." Even if it may just be brushed off? I'd say it's worth a shot.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I doubt it.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

Yeah, I doubt it as well. But I suppose there's no reason not to try.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I sent them an email asking why Cracks was so mysterious and if the Margaret Hamilton episode would ever be released and they didn't respond.

7. LittleJerry92

Honestly I can only imagine it mostly being because both those had some controversy involved and were taken off the air as a result. I'm sure they normally don't respond to emails, but honestly I've gotten the vibe that even in person they probably don't like talking about controversial skits very much.

8. PumpkinJ

PumpkinJ Well-Known Member

Yep, in fact, I was the one who compiled these punchline end scores together, taking them from different skits one by one. Some of them were ill-timed and were a PAIN. And it's pretty good to see other users taking these scores I put together to use for their own videos, and I allow use of these end scores for free with no credit needed. ;)
    However, there's some end scores I can't seem to compile without the sound effects overlapping on the ending music, such as the one heard in "Kermit Talks About Feelings with Cookie Monster," "Letters VS. Numbers," "Biff Helps Salvador Dada," and "Cookie Monster at the Bakery" (anyone know what skits have that one end score as an instrumental without overlapping sound effects?).

9. LittleJerry92

You know what's a music score I wish I could forever have clean?

The shave and a haircuts cue only heard in 2 skits.

10. PumpkinJ

Maybe Sesame Workshop took down one of Nanto's clips, then Nanto noticed it, and started pulling down a few other clips himself. I looked at the YouTube URL for his video of "Everyone Likes Ice Cream" and it says "This video is unavailable," meaning the user (Nanto) removed it himself.
    Also, I got upset when Sesame Workshop blocked 13 of my Sesame Street inserts a couple of months ago, and so I had to reupload them.

11. PumpkinJ

BTW Has anyone seen this Professor Hastings Y Lecture skit on YouTube? Not looking for this clip, but I wonder what year it was uploaded to YouTube back in (MuppetDude uploaded a screenshot of the clip to Muppet Wiki back in 2008) and what language this was in (possibly German? 'Cause that's the only foreign airing of the clip I know of, having been documented as having appeared in Folge 0070 of Sesamstrasse).
    [​IMG]

12. LittleJerry92

If Sesame Workshop blocks a video, the best thing to do is just leave it be, because re-uploading the clips is only asking for more trouble.

13. PumpkinJ

I know, but any opinions about the Professor Hastings Y Lecture skit I mentioned above??

14. LittleJerry92

15. PumpkinJ

Me neither. I doubt it was posted on YouTube in German back in 2007 I guess. If MuppetDude ever comes back on here and sees this, maybe he might know for sure since he took the screenshot.

16. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Well, look what @hooperfan dragged in:

I wonder if Richard ever played the role of an announcer in other clips besides this one...

17. LittleJerry92

Ugh.... Brian's Telly. So whiny. :smirk:

18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Marty really took Telly to a whole different level and really improved the character in the process.

19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

What a long and boring bit.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  20. LittleJerry92

Agreed, I feel like it would have been alot better had this been made by the time Marty was doing his voice.