Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

ISNorden

Reaction score
It's in Norwegian, but...

Here's a Sesame Street cartoon that I haven't seen since preschool, with kids trying to count 1-10 and back. Some weird things occasionally pop up in place of the numbers, leading to "That's not a [number here], that's [whatever it is]!" protests from the kids. Now, if only someone had it in English: I may not need translations for Scandinavian dubs, but I know a lot of fans do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtsJcBtIfGU

Erine81981

Reaction score
When did this ever air?
I would say probely around the 70's. I think there's a little article about this on Muppet Wiki. But i had seen this a whiles back and made a thread about this or posted it here but never did get an answer. It's really neat and i wished there was someway for us English speaking people to understand it. But another awsome find muppet maniac.

BlueAM

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! :smile:
Here are some other parodies you might wanna consider (that haven't been done):

for the Stop-Stops:

"We Got the B" ("We Got the Beat")
"Head, Shoulders, Knees" ("Head Over Heels") a song about body parts

for the Imaginers (I'm a HUGE Pretenders fan, so this might be a lot):

"Back On the A Train" ("Back On the Chain Gang") about the letter A
"Middle of the Book" ("Middle of the Road") about how to tell a story (kinda like "Beginning, Middle, End")
"(There Was A) T In the Town" ("Talk of the Town")
"Mystery G Man" ("Mystery Achievement")
probably one for "Brass In Pocket" about the word "me", though I haven't thought of a title yet.

and for Warren Z. Wolf, "Werewolves In Water" ("Werewolves of London"), which would be about the letter W.

That Blondie song parody sounds kinda similar to one I've had for R.E.M. for awhile called "This Song Is About the Number One" ("The One I Love") The band who did it could be called R.U.N. (which, of course, spells "run").
That R.E.M. spoof sounds COOL! Maybe they could spoof "Stand" as "Hands" (kinda like "Hand Talk", in a way).

I came up with a song Warren Z. Wolf could do that parodies "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" called "Letters from A to Z", almost like "ABC-DEF-GHI". Here are the lyrics:

I went home with a question
That really was absurd
I asked my mama "What
Is this long, extending word?"

I was told by her "Now listen,
You shouldn't feel ashamed.
It's letters from A to Z,
The alphabet's it's name."

She taught me how to say it.
First A, B, and C
D, E, F, G, H, I, J
K, L, M, N, O, P
Q, R, S, T, U, V
W, X, Y, and Z!

Now I know my alphabet well
I'm still dancing for joy!
Those letters from A to Z
Make me feel proud, oh boy!

INSTRUMENTAL SOLO

ALL RIGHT!

It's letters from A to Z!

HUH!

OH, YEAH!

WOW!

WHOO!

(More of the same and fade out)

Great, huh?

BlueAM

MamaMonstr

Reaction score
Caterpillars Never Wear Brown Boots...HELP!

i know there are tons of threads out there where people have posted what MP3's and video clips they have but i can't get my hands on this particular clip. i had it once from youtube but it was removed along with a bunch of others. can someone bring that back so i can post it to my friend on myspace? we kind of have this "relationship" of sending the coolest SS clips we can find and i'd love to send him this one. he is in a band in Albany NY and i personally think that would be a killer song for them to play when they're goofing off between songs and chatting with the crowd. as long as i'm here, does anyone have "theres a hole in the bucket"?

best SS wishes and hugs,
terri
aka Sesame Street Enchantress