Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Nice. This thread made it as a sticky! :smile:

As for Elmo, I don't know who voiced him, but it looks like Kathy Mullen's performing him.

I really hope someone can put "I Want a Monster to Be My Friend" on there. Everyone should see that (well, except for smaller kids).

Erine81981

Reaction score
I've always wanted to see that one. I loved the song that was on the Monsters Record back in the day. But that would be cool.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yea "I Want A Monster To Be My Friend" is a great song, I've seen it before and it's even cooler when you see it.

citicat

Reaction score
I watched the "first and last" sketch from season 1 with the proto-grover, and I haven't laughed that loud in a long time. I started watching in season three I think (I was two), and now I'm thinking I missed out on something.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ohh that one. I remember that one with the proto-Grover. That one is funny.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I didn't see the one with the proto-Grover. I'll have to look for that. Actually, I should read this thread more often. When I go to the "You Tube" site and type in "Sesame Street" there are so many of them that it's hard to single out what I'd really like to see. When I notice the sketches mentioned here it helps because I could put some keywords in the search box and find that particular sketch. I went through the Guy Smiley game shows last night. Right now they only have two, but I enjoyed seeing them. Especially the one with Cookie Monster playing "Beat the Time." I'm guessing that's where they got the idea for the "Letter of the Day" game which frequently appears on the show today.

helpers

Reaction score
those were great

some of those really took me back. I loved the golden AN too

fatblue

Reaction score
That 'first and last skit' with Green Grover! Man, I have not seen that for over 30 years!!! Hmm, maybe longer, LOL!! Never thought I would see it again too.

The skit with Ernie, Bert and Beutiful Day Monster is a new one to me, never saw it. Again, it had that erie music playing towards the finish. That would have scared the life out of me if I was watching that at say 5 years old again! I like it when we see these, I guess you can say 'lost skits'.

I've noticed in the original Manuh Manuh skit that it was two anything muppet girls singing (not cows) and instead they say 'Ba dee ba dee pee' instead of 'do do do do do'. Now that I saw it again, I remember!!

The Golden An, The OP family, Harvey Kneeslapper,the shadow puppets, all this takes me way back.

Thanks for introducing the site Al. Maybe they will keep adding new clips. If any of you have more, upload them to the site.

dietrich

Reaction score
The Classic clips on YouTube are the greatest! Just a heads up one of the newest on are is the Mystery Letter game show with no one other than Don Music.