1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Classic Sesame Clips on Youtube

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Al Hempker, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I know what you mean. I'm a man too and I kind of teared up today when I heard about Don Knotts' death.

Anyway, I'll probably play the one about Hooper's death next. So far, I only remember the edited version on the '20th Anniversary Special.' Hopefully, this will be the complete version.

Oh, by the way, I've heard of one about Ernie trying to sleep during a thunderstorm and Olivia and David were mentioned. I found it before. Yet I can't find it again, no matter what I put in the search engine. Is it possible that they deleted it so they had more room for other stuff or am I just doing something wrong? Can someone tell me what's going on with that?
  2. BillKal

BillKal New Member

How about the little segments with Fonzie & Richie of Happy Days? I remember one of them was where Fonzie was brushing his teeth in the Men's room at Arnolds.
  3. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

The one I really wanna see is the cinematic poem that shows raindrops on flower petals to the tune of Vivaldi's Lute Concerto. At the end, the camera pulls away to reveal the flower is growing on a rooftop in a city. If they had used words, the message of looking for beauty in overlooked places couldn't be clearer. And it got me loving that classical piece.
  4. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I'm crying right now, watching that clip.....wow.....

Just...because....*is choked up by tears*
  5. zns

zns Active Member

The website just keeps getting better and better every day. Although I'm kinda dissapointed that they cut the "Mary Had A Bicycle" clip so short.:p What's the deal.:grouchy:
  6. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I noticed that too. I would rather have seen the whole sketch.

I still wish someone would answer my question about the Ernie and Bert thunderstorm sketch. I think they might have deleted that one, unfortunately.
  7. Sunrise

Sunrise Member

Whoever put up the Grover/Kermit "teeth" sketch - THANK YOU!!!:flirt: YOU ARE MY HERO.

That Mr. Hooper scene was not a good one for an emotional pregnant woman to watch. Only listening to Kermit say, "Like, carrotshhs," turned my tears into giggles.
  8. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Poor Kermit. Grover tormented him about the same as Ernie tormented Bert!
    Interesting how Jim Henson and Frank Oz had alternate roles in who was the intelligent muppet and who was the pain in the neck! By the way, approximately what year was that "Kermit teeth" skit? I never saw it during my 1969-1977 viewing years but one time around 1988-1990 I happened to catch it. But not sure if it debuted some years before then or not.
  9. Daffyfan2003

(deleted message)
  10. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Where are several other following classic clips:

Many Words Begin With X
    Penny Candy Man#8
    Little Miss Muffet Rehearsal
    Lady In the Barrel
    Harvey Kneeslapper's Confetti Trick
    Circus Tamer#12
    Pinball#10

When I clicked on each of them, they start saying "This video is not available"! :mad: This is so annoying! Are they gonna bring them back soon or later? The playlist of SS videos is now decreasing, a little.
  11. Mickey Moose

Mickey Moose New Member

You're welcome. ;)
  12. Daffyfan2003

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been having that problem. Yeah they really should bring back the ones they deleted or else they'll have to deal with an angry mob of Muppet fans. Lol.
  13. BillKal

BillKal New Member

Well, when I go into www.youtube.com, I can get to the main page. But when I do a search for Sesame Street, it comes up "page not found".
  14. Daffyfan2003

It seems like the whole site has been having problems. I've noticed there are a lot of duplicates of the same video clip. I also get a lot of "page not found" messages. Not just for "Sesame Street," but for a lot of other videos as well. Hopefully, they'll get that fixed.
  15. zns

zns Active Member

Maybe the sites been having a lot of gliches lately because so many people, including myself, visit that it all the time.
  16. fatblue

fatblue New Member

It's still down on my end, I hope it's just a glich
  17. BillKal

BillKal New Member

When I opened it is says on their website "Searching for videos is temporarily unavailable".
  18. SomeGuy75

SomeGuy75 New Member

Any chance, whoever has it, of the dancing feet segment being uploaded to YOU TUBE?
  19. BillKal

BillKal New Member

Your Tube is back up it looks like.
  20. BillKal

BillKal New Member

BTW:

I'd love to see some more of those "Number Segments"

1) Some more of the "Number Song" segments (aka The Baker)

2) Some more of the "Racer/Spies" segments

3) Some more "Number Painter" (Paul Benedict) segments.