Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

zns

Reaction score
I just looked at that "Subway" video this morning and it is one of the best ones thta I've seen on that website. Can't wait to see what else they'll add.:excited:

BillKal

Reaction score
Anyone else check out that hilarious sketch with the hippie guy and the "straight" lecuturer talking about shapes??? Absolutely priceless!! Look out big that nose is on the lecturer.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Clips I'd love to see on Youtube:

I dont want to live on the moon
Monster in The Mirror ( any)
More Monsterpiece Theater, specifically "39 Stairs" and "One Flew Over Coocoo's Nest"
More E&B :stick_out_tongue: :frown: (what I'm thinkin of are "The Cake","Drums", etc)
More Grover the Waiter ( The Count and Hot Dogs, etc)
More Super Grover/Grover/Marshall Grover
and more..

:big_grin:

dinoboy

Reaction score
The one thing I really loved from the show was the closing credits song Magic Carpet Ride played as a nighttime theme. It sounded very soothing and almost like a song to help people fall asleep.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Classic SS Clips posted onto youtube.com

Now how was it possible to obtain those skits, if the home VCR's recording feature wasn't introduced untill the early to mid 1980's? Surely they didn't air 1970's Sesame Street episodes during the 1980's much, since obviously they wanted to move on with newer episodes.

DetGoran

Reaction score
BillKal said: "Cool...today they have the "Subway" song on there!!! Haven't seen that in years."

Is that an 80s skit, Billkal? I'm just wondering.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I watched the "Subway" skit just now. I'm trying to think whether or not I saw it when I was little. I don't recall seeing Betty Lou on the show too often. Her voice sounded different than I'd expected. I also don't recall seeing Bert and Kermit together, so I wonder about that. The song sounds real familar. Maybe I just heard it on MC Radio.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Clips I'd love to see on Youtube:

I dont want to live on the moon
Monster in The Mirror ( any)
More Monsterpiece Theater, specifically "39 Stairs" and "One Flew Over Coocoo's Nest"
More E&B :stick_out_tongue: :frown: (what I'm thinkin of are "The Cake","Drums", etc)
More Grover the Waiter ( The Count and Hot Dogs, etc)
More Super Grover/Grover/Marshall Grover
and more..

:big_grin:
Also, to add to this list:

Do De Rubber Duck
Oscar, the Bus, and Kermit
Monsterpiece Theater: King & I
and The Count's "Song of the Count"

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah. I watched the "Subway" skit just now. I'm trying to think whether or not I saw it when I was little. I don't recall seeing Betty Lou on the show too often. Her voice sounded different than I'd expected. I also don't recall seeing Bert and Kermit together, so I wonder about that. The song sounds real familar. Maybe I just heard it on MC Radio.
They play it on MC Radio but the record version and the TV version are slightly different. The record version's music is a little different and uses some of the same samples as "Bus Stop", whereas the TV Version is a little more upbeat and kind of goes with the fast ride of a subway. And different characters sing different parts on both versions. And Kermit isnt on the record version, its Jim doing his standard gruff/nasaly voice like he does for Guy Smiley or alot of early Sesame AM's

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
It appears that Grover and the Inflating G, A 2 Headed Monster Skit, Steve's first performance as Ernie, and The 1812 Overture clip from Muppets: A Celebration of 30 years