Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, they're not, at least not often. However, last year the Cars revived as the "New Cars" with Todd Rundgren (instead of Ric Ocasek) on lead vocals. The Police performed their hit tune "Roxanne" from 1978 on the Grammy this year (it was the ONLY part I liked).

Also, "The Letter N" may also be a subtle parody of "Rapture" by Blondie (albeit slower); it kinda sounded like that, and its video ("The Letter N", that is, not "Rapture") might've inspired the Kingston Livingston III video for "Just Happy to Be Me", since they both had black-and-white "flashback" moments (as well as people dancing during some of these moments)
After listening a couple of times,it sort of sounded like IMO,a Metallica song remixed with punk and new wave music.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
After listening a couple of times,it sort of sounded like IMO,a Metallica song remixed with punk and new wave music.
Interesting analysis (you're obviously more of a Metallica fan than I am.) I personally agree with that one person on YouTube who said it sounded like "I Love Rock And Roll" by Joan Jett for a couple reasons: like the person who wrote that sited, it has a black-and-white video and a similar bass/guitar riff, but also the meter of the verses in "The Letter N" are similar to that of the chorus in "I Love Rock And Roll"; not to mention the parts when Nick Normal says things like "It was Friday afternoon I was talking with my friend", "Then I boogied down to Nino's for my favorite pizza pie", and "When I made it back home my father was there" it kinda sounds like the parts where Joan Jett says "Next we'll be movin' on & he was with me, YEAH ME!!" The only parts that are different (songwise) are the key (C sharp for "The Letter N" and E for "I Love Rock And Roll") and the fact that there's a synthesizer in "The Letter N" (none are present on "I Love Rock And Roll")

zns

Reaction score
Actually, all 3 of sawing14s recent posts were AWESOME!! I just remembered how much in my youth I LOVED "The Sign Says Don't Walk". I know it sounds weird in retrospect, but when I first heard "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M., it reminded me of that song. Anybody else see that connection or was I just crazy? :stick_out_tongue:
I also like how he added "The Telephone Opera" with Placido Flamingo. Hope he adds some more great stuff in the near future. :smile: :excited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently at Muppet Wiki I had asked a question about wether anybody besides Roscoe Orman voiced Hard Head Henry Harris. While nobody could realy tell, a link to the Roosevelt Franklin sketch about poision was posted on Hard Head Henry Harris' talk page, and there I founf video clips of all three Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School sketches that were shown on Noggin.

It seems like two of those sketches, the poison sketch and the lous and soft sketch, were really short, while the other sketch, where Roosevelt talks about africa, is longer. While studying those, the first two sketches mentioned doesn't have much focus on Roosevelt's classmates. They msotly talk at once, with some only saying a few words, and the sketches were short and more to the point, while in the africa sketch, Smart Tina and Hard Head Henry Harris were more prominently featured. I also noticed that in the last sketch I mentioned, during the theme song as the exterior of the school is shown there is a faded image of the class singing, while in the other two there's just an outside shot of the school. This leads me to think that these sketches might have started out as being primarly sketches starring Roosevelt, and then in a year or two they started developing his classmates, though most of them had appeared.

I can't tell who voiced Hard Head Henry Harris in the poision sketch (he speaks very briefly, and this sketch was seen in episode 514, from the fourth season, two years before Roscoe Orman took over the role of Gordon), but it does sound similar to his voice in the africa skecth. Of course, I can't tell any similarities between Hard Head Henry Harris and Gordon's voices, while Smart Tina does sound a lot like Maria. Then again, I don't think Roosevelt Franklin sounds like the original Gordon, and I don't think that Same Sound Brown sounds like David.

And while most of the classmates were voiced by human actors, the regular performers clearly sang the theme song to the sketches. I could very clearly hear Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson, and at one point I heard a Jim Henson voice.

Interestingly, in the poison sketch, when Smart Tina talks, she sounds more like Susan than Maria (unless I am mistaking the character with someone who looks very similar).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
PinballStewie; said:
Interesting analysis (you're obviously more of a Metallica fan than I am.)
Yeah,I love to listen to their music alot.Also if you go into my profile on photobucket.com,you'll find more pictures of Litallica I made.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I can't tell who voiced Hard Head Henry Harris in the poision sketch (he speaks very briefly, and this sketch was seen in episode 514, from the fourth season, two years before Roscoe Orman took over the role of Gordon), but it does sound similar to his voice in the africa skecth. Of course, I can't tell any similarities between Hard Head Henry Harris and Gordon's voices, while Smart Tina does sound a lot like Maria. Then again, I don't think Roosevelt Franklin sounds like the original Gordon, and I don't think that Same Sound Brown sounds like David.
I have to agree. I've heard HHH in a clip and he really didn't sound that much like Gordon. He must be good at throwing his voice, because you'd never know it was the same guy.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I have to agree. I've heard HHH in a clip and he really didn't sound that much like Gordon. He must be good at throwing his voice, because you'd never know it was the same guy.
HHHH wasn't voiced by Roscoe Orman. He was voiced by Matt Robinson (I think) He(meaning HHHH) was on the "Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" album
(This post has been brought to you by the letter "H":wink: )

anytimepally

Reaction score
HHHH wasn't voiced by Roscoe Orman. He was voiced by Matt Robinson (I think) He(meaning HHHH) was on the "Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" album
(This post has been brought to you by the letter "H":wink: )
yeah, he sang on "The 12 Days of Christmas" (Two Baby Frogs), but Muppet Wiki says he was voiced by Roscoe Orman

minor muppetz

Reaction score
yeah, he sang on "The 12 Days of Christmas" (Two Baby Frogs), but Muppet Wiki says he was voiced by Roscoe Orman
That info comes from Sesame Street Unpaved.

I also saw Up on the Rooftop and That Grouchy Face on You Tube, and I am wondering if all of James Taylors numbers were filmed on the same day. It looks to me like James Taylor wore the same blue shirt in all three of his numbers, and both of the numbers that I mentioned took place on the roof of 123 Sesame Street.

It sort of makes me wonder if there was originally a special James Taylor episodes, where Up on the Rooftop, That Grouchy Face, and Jellyman Kelly originated. Episode 514 had Stevie Wonder in most of the street scenes, and most of those scenes were repeated in other episodes.