Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqv_W7I9Kfg&NR=1

Love to know if they had any difficulties with the real forg when making this clip?
According to Sesame Street Unpaved, that frog had an accident of some sort right on top of Jim Henson's head during the taping of that skit.

It is interesting that in the beginning, Bob says that he wants to show the audience a real frog. Odd that he would admit to kids that Kermit wasn't real.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I borrowed that book from the library and don't recall comming across that piece of info.

How does 1 miss that?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I borrow that book from the library and don't recall comming across that piece of info.

How does 1 miss that?
It's in the last page in the section on Kermit the Frog. There's a transcript to that sketch on the last page of the Kermit section, along with a secret fact. It doesn't say whether the frog pooped or pee'd on Jim Henson, but implies it. Bob is quoted with saying "This must have been the frogs first time on television, and he did -- what nervous frogs do -- right on Jim!" The fact says that they almost blew the scene, but remained in character as if nothing happened. I wonder if it actually happened while tapping. There are quite a few close-ups, where the bottom of the frog is blocked, so it can't actually be seen what he does. I noticed that Bob did laugh quite a bit during the scene.