1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Classic Sesame Street episodes now available on the "Sesame Go" streaming service

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by zhelder, Oct 18, 2014.

1. zhelder

zhelder New Member

I see that Sesame Workshop has now introduced a streaming video service called Sesame Go. While there's plenty of information about how much the service costs ($3.99 per month or $29.99 per year), there is no info on the site about the specific content the service provides.

Does anyone know how many classic episodes (1989 and older) are available on the service? For $30 a year, they should be providing access to the entire Sesame Workshop/CTW archive - and I'd gladly pay that for access to such a treasure trove of classic children's television shows. But I have a feeling the content is extremely limited, especially for older stuff.

Does anyone have an inside scoop?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's only the 24 episodes made available on iTunes under the "Sesame Street Classics" sets. So, if you can watch them all in a month, it's probably more cost effective to do it through the SesameGo service (plus, you can watch the modern stuff too if you're inclined), or you can own them all for about $40 through iTunes.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

What seasons of Sesame Street are on Sesame Go?

4. hooperfan

hooperfan Member

Man, I sure hope Sesame Workshop will unleash some more "classic" episodes in the future...

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You quoted your own answer.

Yeah... I want to be supportive of this, it's probably a good thing for Sesame Workshop if they add other shows owned by them as well as more Sesame Street episodes... but this is the bug up my butt I have about paid streaming. You have to pay per site. And everything you want to see is split up into other sites. I'd rather see SW add more classic episodes to Netflix, myself.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Whoops. :o

I didn't mean to quote my own post.