Classic SNL FINALLY comes to DVD

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
VERY COOL! I wasn't around the first time around for SNL, but I've seen alot of classic moments on various specials and whatnot and I think they are by far the best. Can't wait!

That Announcer

Reaction score
*knock knock*

Who is it?

*Um... postman*

Hey, you're not that pesky LAND SHARK, are you?
Yay! I've seen tapes of the old SNL shows, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the "nev-er mind" lady (my entire family uses that line!), as well as (yes, I'm prospective) the landshark, Gerald Ford (I laughed my butt off when he fell over his podium) and GORCH!!!!! (Who knows, maybe someday. They've already put out 'The Best of Tom Hanks', and he wasn't even an official cast member!)

P

Princeton

That Announcer said:
They've already put out 'The Best of Tom Hanks', and he wasn't even an official cast member!)
Same thing with Christopher Walken.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Candygram! OH, BOY!

That has got to be my all-time favorite SNL sequence. An extremely close second is the Eddie/Joe Piscopo bit with Sinatra and Stevie Wonder- "You are black/And I am white/Life's an Eskimo Pie, let's take a bite!" Joe is a way underrated performer. And I just can't wait for the Best Of Chevy Chase.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I want to join the Landshark fan club! Just kidding, but I love the landshark sketches! My other favorite old ones are "we're two wild and crazy guys!" and "King Tut" I also love Jane Curtain and Chevy Chase doing weekend update. "Jane, you ignorant ****!" Love it!

McFraggle

Reaction score
I bought the Eddie Murphy one about a month ago. It's pretty funny. :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cool! The early episodes are so much better than recent ones. Though what I would really love to see is a DVD that has all of Paul Simon's appearances on it. I don't suppose that will happen. But a fan can hope!
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
GORCH!!!!! (Who knows, maybe someday. They've already put out 'The Best of Tom Hanks', and he wasn't even an official cast member!)
Given the icy reception Gorch Muppets were given by the original cast (Remember Belushi's nickname? The Mucking Fuppets?) I doubt it. Especially since they seem to have been white washed from history in all retrospectives. Gilda Radner seemed to be one of the only ones to appreciate them at first, appearing on TMS.

But AS with Tom Hanks and Chris Walkin, they have made best of celebrity guest star tapes since the nineties. If I can recall, they had Jerry Seinfeld and Robin Williams (The one I own, and it's just funny from start to finish). I always have trouble finding the Steve Martin DVD, since he was an unofficial cast member.

Anyway, I'm glad we're finally seeing classic SNL "Best of-s" since the other classic SNL's out there are mainly retrospectives with like, five minutes of skits to 40 minutes of explaination. I want to see the ENTIRE skit, not just a 30 second clip.

I like some of the 80's/Early 90's cast, Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman especially (Gotta get their disks), but I'm looking forward to possible releases of The best of Jane Curtain, or the Best of Bill Murray (which I am shocked isn't being already made given his large amount of film he's been in recently). I guess a complete season one is out of the question, but at least it's progress.