Classic SS Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys. You know the deal with these threads o'mine. Got some tapes wit classic episodes, and naturally... Got some character questions to get 'em added to the Muppet Listings.

1 Harvey Kneeslapper's B Victim.
Sounded like he was voiced by Jim. Harvey's joke... "Do you know where I wanna B?"
Victim, or I guess it could be a "Passerby": No, where?"
Harvey: "I wanna B right here!"
*Slaps B on guy's chest.
If you could, please provide a descript... Or at least if he should be added or not, and if so under what potential/possible name.

2 The Alphabet Hide & Seek Kids.
These were two AM kids who were playing hide and seek, the one kid who was It was saying the alphabet though he needed some coaching from the kid who was hiding. The sketch ended with the kid who was It asking what came after Y, the hiding kid came back to say "Z" and was then tagged as It.
If you could, please provide a descript of what these kids looked like... Or at least, if they should be added or not, and if so under what heading.

3 Smilin' Jack's Customer.
Smilin' Jack sounded like Frank's tough voice while selling hats to a little kid who sounded like Jerry's meek Robin the Frog voice.
If you could, please provide a descript of what the little kid looked like... Or at least, whether he should be added or not, and if so under what heading.

4 The Circle Kid.
Again, another Jim-voiced AM kid. This one was I guess a kid inside a circle that kept expanding and shrinking as it got bigger or smaller, until it collapsed in on itself fading to black.
If you could, please provide a descript of what this kid looked like... Or at least, whether he should be added or not, and if so under what heading.

All of these come from Episode 355, the Rain Storm episode.
Hope to get some replies soon and have a great weekend.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hi guys. You know the deal with these threads o'mine. Got some tapes wit classic episodes, and naturally... Got some character questions to get 'em added to the Muppet Listings.

1 Harvey Kneeslapper's B Victim.
Sounded like he was voiced by Jim. Harvey's joke... "Do you know where I wanna B?"
Victim, or I guess it could be a "Passerby": No, where?"
Harvey: "I wanna B right here!"
*Slaps B on guy's chest.
If you could, please provide a descript... Or at least if he should be added or not, and if so under what potential/possible name.

2 The Alphabet Hide & Seek Kids.
These were two AM kids who were playing hide and seek, the one kid who was It was saying the alphabet though he needed some coaching from the kid who was hiding. The sketch ended with the kid who was It asking what came after Y, the hiding kid came back to say "Z" and was then tagged as It.
If you could, please provide a descript of what these kids looked like... Or at least, if they should be added or not, and if so under what heading.

3 Smilin' Jack's Customer.
Smilin' Jack sounded like Frank's tough voice while selling hats to a little kid who sounded like Jerry's meek Robin the Frog voice.
If you could, please provide a descript of what the little kid looked like... Or at least, whether he should be added or not, and if so under what heading.

4 The Circle Kid.
Again, another Jim-voiced AM kid. This one was I guess a kid inside a circle that kept expanding and shrinking as it got bigger or smaller, until it collapsed in on itself fading to black.
If you could, please provide a descript of what this kid looked like... Or at least, whether he should be added or not, and if so under what heading.

All of these come from Episode 355, the Rain Storm episode.
Hope to get some replies soon and have a great weekend.

1. The blue guy of "Do you know where I want a B?" shouldn't be added.

2. They were a small orange AM (played by Jerry Nelson) and a small pink AM (played by Frank Oz).

3. The name of this customer is Farley.

4. He was a pink AM with yellow hair and a striped shirt.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Farley huh? Then that eliminates #3 from above.
But... Why do you say Harvey Kneeslapper's victim shouldn't be added? After all, we're trying to make as accurate and as complete a listing as possible.
As for #2 and 4 above, under what headings/entry names should they be added?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The guy from the harvey kneeslapper "B" sketch was blue, wih black hair around the back of his head, black eyebrows, a black mustache, and a pink nose. of course, he had eyes, too. He kinda looked like Fat Blue with black hair instead of brown. he also wore a blue sweater. I am not sure if you have him listed yet or not.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No I don't have him listed as of yet. Gonna watch some more episodes I got tomorrow and post again. Would be interested in a comparison of the guy who's the victim in all the Harvey Kneeslapper sketches. If he's not either Mr. Johnson or Simon the Sounds Man, and is rather this blue AM with the black hair round his head and mustache... Then maybe it'd be better to just add him as "Harvey Kneeslapper's Victim".
Not sure, maybe I'll just wait till MuppetDude sees this thread whenever he comes back and hope for an answer from him. As well as an answer from all my other trusted sources.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I'm back with some more questions about potential new entries to the Muppet Listings.

From 1090, Hawaii Vacation Day 1.
The Elevator Floor-Counting Singers: Four AM's who ride in an elevator and sing about counting the floors from 1 to 10, and then backwards as they come back down.
Should they be added? And if so, under what heading?
Frank and Gary: These were two AM's who appeared on opposite ends of the street, as if they hadn't seen each other in a long time. They walk to each other to measure how far they originally were, to know if it's too far to walk to where Gary was originally standing.
Should these be added? And if so, should they be two separate entries?
The Word Song Singers: There's the song about the Word Family, four words ending in "E-T" and at least two AM's singing the song I think.
Should these be added? And if so, under what heading?
Please provide of all the above potential entries.

There were three human characters in this episode that took place at the airport. There was the "Metal Detector Officer" (Calling her that cause that's what Oscar called her, "Officer"); the Stewardess who got a bit frazzled as the grown-ups were rounding up BB and Oscar before getting on the plane; and the pilot, not sure if his name is Captain "Cooty", "Cootey", "Cootie".
Any help with these three, including names of who portrayed them would be appreciated.

From Episode 1091: Hawaii Vacation Day 2.
Will have to watch it again to get all the names of the Hawaiian friends Buffy introduced.

The Hawaii Fruit Stand Vendor: This is the man who's tending to the fruit stand when the SS grown-ups stop to ask and buy some tropical fruits like papaya and bread fruit... Mmm, so delicious when cooked right.
Any help with this character, including the name of the actor who portrayed him would be appreciated.

The Lost and Found Clerk: Sounded like another Jim-voiced character. An AM man in charge of a Lost and Found booth. He helps a kid find his toy box. Was that kid Farley again? If not, then under what heading should the kid be added? Should the old man in charge of the Lost and Found booth be added?

From Episode 1092: Hawaii Vacation Day 3.
The Rocket Cheerleaders: Bunch of AM's who were leading a cheer like... Give me a Rock! Give me an Ets!
Rock-Ets! Rock-Ets! And then a rocket took off.
Should these be added? Please provide descripts of these and all the other potential entries above.
Thanks, hope to hear from you guys soon.

Censored

Reaction score
The Count said:
Would be interested in a comparison of the guy who's the victim in all the Harvey Kneeslapper sketches. If he's not either Mr. Johnson or Simon the Sounds Man, and is rather this blue AM with the black hair round his head and mustache... Then maybe it'd be better to just add him as "Harvey Kneeslapper's Victim".
That was the character's exact name in a 1970's Sesame Street paper finger puppet set.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks GB. Somehow, I think I'm missing one of the six Hawaii vacation episodes, cause I just watched all I got and there were only five. Oh well, so long as I got 1095 where there's a cast list that'll help out... That's the main thing.

Some more characters to ask about.
We have Harvey Kneeslapper's Victim from the I Wanna B sketch. But is the "victim" in the Gimme 5 sketch the same character? If not, then should they be listed as two separate entries?
There was a song performed by a Christopher Cerf voiced character called "one Way", a spoof of "Leader of the Pack" recorded by the Shangri-Las with a young Billy Joel at the piano. My question is...
Who were the characters sing the song "One Way"? Should they be added?
Who was "The Guardian Angel" that showed up in the song? Should it be added?
There's a segment with Grover and a girl scratching each other's back. Was that girl named Penny? Was it even a girl? If so, was her name Penny? If so, what was her full name?
Will post again later. Rully hoping to get some help with all these old/new entries for the list.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Here are another few questions...

In the Hawaii Vacation episodes, there's a man who shows up three times. The first time, he says "Sad" thrice; the second time, he says "Happy" thrice; and the last time, just before the end of the episode he shows up and says "Silly" three times. Who is this person?

From the episode with Olivia's Grandmother... There's this sketch with a little AM boy talking about things you can do with your mind. And then we hear a knocking t the front door of his home, growing louder with each instance of the boy continuing to talk instead of answering the door. In the end, it turns out to be Herry at the door wanting to know if the boy can come and play with him. Who was this AM boy?

As for everything else above, guess I'll go ahead and add it. If you guys have any objections to the entries being added post here. If not, then I figure you'll see it all in version 16 of the Muppet Listings and post your thoughts regarding certain entries' inclusion or exclusion then.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good weekend.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
One more for you guys to help with...

In episode 17106, the first of Big Bird Goes to Camp Echo Rock... There's a song with a Jim-voiced character, sounds a bit like Link Hogthrob. He's singing a song of how because he lives in the city he prefers to go out to the wide open spaces of the country. And while he's singing his song in the country, it gets turned into a second sprawling cityscape by a local construction crew, oblivious to the knowledge of the singer.
Who was this AM character singing the song? Please LMK how best to add him to the list.
Hope to get some help with this and all the other questions posted here soon.