Classic SS Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Legitimate questions.

There's been recent talk regarding the alphabet cast intro on the Season 4 premiere episode of SS.
Jeffkjoe has confirmed that Nancy was the name of the human child that appeared for the letter N.
So then, where did "Nat" come from? Is this another SS human child? DId such a named character ever appear on SS? If not, then should I forget about adding such an entry to the list?

Also, there seems to be some diverging reports on the name of the human child who appeared for the letter A. From previous posts/threads, I read that the child's name was "Alterrian". But MuppetDude posted in another thread that it was "Akelstan".
Which of the two is it? Or are there two different SS kids with those names, thus meritorious of separate entries? Or should I just change the entry for "Alterrian" to "Akelstan"?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
There's been recent talk regarding the alphabet cast intro on the Season 4 premiere episode of SS.
Jeffkjoe has confirmed that Nancy was the name of the human child that appeared for the letter N.
So then, where did "Nat" come from? Is this another SS human child? DId such a named character ever appear on SS? If not, then should I forget about adding such an entry to the list?

I'll need to check show #406 for the answer.

Also, there seems to be some diverging reports on the name of the human child who appeared for the letter A. From previous posts/threads, I read that the child's name was "Alterrian". But MuppetDude posted in another thread that it was "Akelstan".
Which of the two is it? Or are there two different SS kids with those names, thus meritorious of separate entries? Or should I just change the entry for "Alterrian" to "Akelstan"?

"Akelstan" is how I heard the name pronounced. (Twice.) Who said it was "Alterrian"?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Please LMK after checking that episode you got.
Thought Jeffkjoe was the one who said it was Alterrian when this episode's info was originally posted back in the "What's Your Favorite Letter Segment?" thread.
Thanks, have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm Baaaaack!

And now I'm ready to start asking/adding characters from my third tape.

From the episode with the Heartstrongs, 21xx.
1 There's this character voiced by Jim singing a sad or depressed song "I'm Between".
There's a monster on his left, and a monster on his right...
Were these Cookie and Herry Monster respectively?
If not, then how should all three of these be added to the list?
2 The Heartstrongs: Should they be added?
There was Mr. Heartstrong (Roscoe Orman), Mrs. Heartstrong (Loretta Long), Cousin Henry (Bill McCutcheon), and I believe Barnaby was the name of the son (Bob McGrath).
3 The Grouchketeers: Oscar's lecture on the 4 Grouch Food Groups.
There were some kids there, two identified as Eric and either Erica or Erika. Should these be added to the list?
If you know them, please also provide the name sof the kids who played these roles though I doubt that info'll come.
4 Camp Wannagohome: Alive or Not.
There's a turtle that shows up at the end after Grover sits down on it, thinking its a rock.
Should this turtle be added or not?
5 There's a song Ernie sings in the park about... the Insects in Your Neighborhood.
Should those insects be all individually added, under an "Insects in Your Neighborhood" subheading?
6 In that same song sketch, there are a couple of AM kids seen just before the camera cuts to Ernie. One of these kids is named Cathy or Kathy, not sure which of the two. There was another kid, sounded liike Jerry, calling for her to come.
Should either of these two AM kids, or only Cathy/Kathy, or neither of them be added?
7 From the classic stop animated segment of the Queen of 6.
Should the following be added?
The Six Birds, The Six Chicks, and/or The Six Kittens.
Hope to hear from you guys soon, will post again after viewing the next episode.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
The Count said:
1 There's this character voiced by Jim singing a sad or depressed song "I'm Between".
There's a monster on his left, and a monster on his right...
Were these Cookie and Herry Monster respectively?
If not, then how should all three of these be added to the list?
That was Mr. Otis singing "I'm Between", with a blue monster to resemble Harvey on his left and a green monster to resemble Henry on his right.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
2 The Heartstrongs: Should they be added?
There was Mr. Heartstrong (Roscoe Orman), Mrs. Heartstrong (Loretta Long), Cousin Henry (Bill McCutcheon), and I believe Barnaby was the name of the son (Bob McGrath).

Yes.

3 The Grouchketeers: Oscar's lecture on the 4 Grouch Food Groups.
There were some kids there, two identified as Eric and either Erica or Erika. Should these be added to the list?

I never heard of this.

4 Camp Wannagohome: Alive or Not.
There's a turtle that shows up at the end after Grover sits down on it, thinking its a rock.
Should this turtle be added or not?

That's Tony the Turtle (a green turtle).

5 There's a song Ernie sings in the park about... the Insects in Your Neighborhood.
Should those insects be all individually added, under an "Insects in Your Neighborhood" subheading?

For the song; sure.

6 In that same song sketch, there are a couple of AM kids seen just before the camera cuts to Ernie. One of these kids is named Cathy or Kathy, not sure which of the two. There was another kid, sounded like Jerry, calling for her to come.
Should either of these two AM kids, or only Cathy/Kathy, or neither of them be added?

Maybe they should be designated under the song as "Kathy" and "Kathy's Friend". (Maybe it was Kathy Mullen who played the girl, so that could be the correct spelling.)

7 From the classic stop animated segment of the Queen of 6.
Should the following be added?
The Six Birds, The Six Chicks, and/or The Six Kittens.

Since you've already got the "King of Eight" cast (or some of them), you could add these.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, a few clarifications from your responses...

a. What do you mean since I already have most of the cast from the King of 8 sketch?
Thought I had them all: The King of 8, the Jester, the Eight Princesses, and the Eight Guards.
Is there anyone missing? If so, LMK and we can add them appropriately.
b. When you say that the Insects in Your Neighborhood should be grouped via the song...
Do you mean an entry like this?
"The Insects in Your Neighborhood: The Ant (SS)".
Or do you mean an entry like this?
"The Ant (SS, from the song "Insects in Your Neighborhood")".
c. Well... In this same episode, towards the second half, there's a Grouchketeer meeting.
Oscar's teaching the kids about the 4 Grouch Food Groups, with Bob interrupting about the health factor.
They review the first group, sticky, with Oscar asking for an example. The kid calls out "peanut butter" and Oscar says "That's right Eric."
Then, when they move on to the other group, oozy, another girl says "yogurt" and Oscar says "Yeah, another good one Erica." Or maybe it was Erika.
At the end, Oscar tells this same girl to bring out a basket of noisy vegetables and they start crunching before heading down to where these noisy foods will make a difference... at the movie theater.
Guess I'm asking for help in identifying these kids. But if there's no real source for help, these could go by the wayside till the true research begins whenever I finish my Law School studies.
d. I take it TSF's correct then? Mr. Otis, Harvey and Henry were all from that song?
If so, then I'll make some additions and post when ready.

Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good weekend.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
a. What do you mean since I already have most of the cast from the King of 8 sketch?
Thought I had them all: The King of 8, the Jester, the Eight Princesses, and the Eight Guards.
Is there anyone missing? If so, LMK and we can add them appropriately.

Sounds like you have all of them.

b. When you say that the Insects in Your Neighborhood should be grouped via the song...
Do you mean an entry like this?
"The Insects in Your Neighborhood: The Ant (SS)".
Or do you mean an entry like this?
"The Ant (SS, from the song "Insects in Your Neighborhood")".

The second one.

c. Well... In this same episode, towards the second half, there's a Grouchketeer meeting.
Oscar's teaching the kids about the 4 Grouch Food Groups, with Bob interrupting about the health factor.
They review the first group, sticky, with Oscar asking for an example. The kid calls out "peanut butter" and Oscar says "That's right Eric."
Then, when they move on to the other group, oozy, another girl says "yogurt" and Oscar says "Yeah, another good one Erica." Or maybe it was Erika.
At the end, Oscar tells this same girl to bring out a basket of noisy vegetables and they start crunching before heading down to where these noisy foods will make a difference... at the movie theater.
Guess I'm asking for help in identifying these kids. But if there's no real source for help, these could go by the wayside till the true research begins whenever I finish my Law School studies.

Oh...Nope, never seen it.

d. I take it TSF's correct then? Mr. Otis, Harvey and Henry were all from that song?
If so, then I'll make some additions and post when ready.

Not exactly; Mr. Otis was there, but the Harvey puppet was different; he had no fangs and an orange nose.

The other one was green, but with yellow oval eyes, black eyebrows, orange Bert-like nose, and orange horns turned down.

I guess you could call them "Mr. Otis's Monsters (SS, from "I'm Between").

I'll try to talk with you more on Monday.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Kermit voice: Oh good.
Then I'll make entries a-new.

Wanted to ask... Got an entry for a character denoted as "Mr. Ortiz" from SS as a human Hispanic character. Did such a character ever exist on the show? Or am I getting that character confused with Mr. Otis as TSF has pointed out? And if so, should the entry for Mr. Ortiz be eliminated?

Hope to hear from you soon, but have a great weekend MD.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
One of the older forum members also mentioned remembering a "Mr. Ortiz", so it's another character.