Classic SS clips I discovered on my first family tape

mikealan

Reaction score
When I watched my first family tape last month, it featured clips from Sesame Street my parents taped! Many of them were...

1) Maria decides that some old stuff can be for something else and making Oscar disappointed

2) The Eating Game-hosted by Guy Smiley! The plate muppet gets confused if she can pick a fish, corn and a glass of milk, then she decides to get all of them!

3) Beat the Time (The Count version, not complete)-Guy Smiley wants The Count to think of two things that are from the sky for twenty seconds, but the Count counts the seconds until lightning and thunder flash.

4) I'm Big cartoon (not complete)-A little purple thingy hops a little until a huge blue thingy jumps loudly and says, "Hey, excuse me, you won't be strong enough, 'cause I'm big! Heh heh heh heh!" Then, not complete, then to Big Bird and the Birdketeers searching for stuff that begin with the letter W. I think I remembered the rest of the cartoon. The purple little thingy says "Wow! He looks big!...Well, I'm..." to the big thingy and wiggles a little until he yells "I'm ME!" and the big thingy stares at him.

5) Melvin the Moving Man (a cartoon, not complete)-it was sponsored by the letter M. It starts where Melvin gets muscular muscles then fade to the Bert and Ernie sketch where Ernie has to buy stuff in chocolate pudding. I think I remembered the rest of the cartoon where Melvin's eyes became macaroni then begins moving everything-an M, a moose, a mule, and a mountain of marbles. Then to "My"'s appear on Melvin's muscles and starts moving away. The whole clip was found on the episode where Maria and Luis finally got the new baby, Gabriella.

6) Placido Flamingo and Forgetful Jones. Two characters were played by Richard Hunt. Placido appeared on the clip with Yo-Yo Ma and Forgetful Jones appeared on the skit with David.

7) A New Way to Walk-sung by the Oinker Sisters!

8) The Counting Circus Guy- "10 Dancing Bears!"

9) Two Letters In Sand cartoons- the letters "M" and "Y" versions

10) There's A UFO Toward Ya-this clip used to scare the heck out of me! This is the rectangle version and I think the sides of it are coming to get me as the rectangle disappears. The voice off-screen was David's.

11) Grover and John-John count up to 20

12) Grover and the Growing G-where the "G" began to grow until it pops!

13) G-Gorilla (an old cartoon)

14) the "R" Magician (an old cartoon)

15) Snuffy jumps on Big Bird's trampolee as the Count counts the jumps!

16) Lefty the Salesman keeps the alphabet message in his mind from the Boss

17) The NOO-Nee-NOO-Nee-NOO Typewriter Guy: M-Magic- it starts where the cartoon typewriter guy rolls by going "Noo-nee-noo-nee-noo!" then types and says, "M, magic!" He starts doing some magic stuff...he transforms a rabbit into a purple scorpion-like creature, then as if the typewriter points his finger to himself and dissappears, we hear him giggling!

18) The old, old pinball machine cartoon (the number "6")-I think it was pretty made by the animator who made the race cars/spies series. It starts where we flash to see the number "6" with six stars all around as the background voice murmurs "Six!" Then a hand pulls the pinball lever as the ball begins rolling! It passes through four thingys to make light flash then fade to a clock-like diagram as the pointer swings passes any number as we hear the Pointer Sisters' voices sing "1-2-3, 4-5, 6-7-8, 9-10, 11-12!" Then the ball rides on the roller-coaster-like slide and passes the thingy looking like a water fountain to make light flash and fades to the kladioscope spot flashing #'s 1-12 in different colors as the voices sing 1-12 again. Then the ball rides on the twisted slide and falls on the hole where the number 6 begins to flash as the voice calls "Six!" Then electric guitar music plays as the ball lands on the farm scene. The ball passes through six sheep structures and the farmer drops the ball into the hole as the number 6 flash a few times. Then it now fade to the ball riding on the roller-coaster-slide (the part we saw in the beginning) and rolls toward the big production number graphic: the structure where #'s 1-12 flash, shooting-gallery ducks, the nightclub scene, the planets scene, the daytime scene and the nightclub scene on it as the voices sing "1-2-3, 4-5, 6-7-8, 9-10, 11-tweeeeeeellllvvveee!"

19) The number painter making a "6" on the cake in the bakery

20) Bob, David, Luis and Gordon sang "Gimme 5"

21) Elmo keeps saying "Why?" to Maria and Bob

22) The alphabet lunchbox

23) The AM's wait for the bus to arrive

24) A live human sings about keeping time to Telly

25) I Can Do It By Myself, a live-action tune

26) The Rhymies on sea

27) A black cartoon man sings while the #'s 1-6 float around

28) A guy keeping himself dry when it rains

These are the only clips I thought of.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
yo-yo ma? you must be thinking about Seiji Ozawa. he conducted the animal orchestra and Placido sang while all the other animals made animal noises.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's one I remember. I liked the dispute between Big Bird and the Count about whether Snuffy jumped 19 or 20 times.

"19 and a half. 20 when he comes down. And I love fractions too! Ah ah ah ah!"

That one was classic.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Originally posted by mikealan
When I watched my first family tape last month, it featured clips from Sesame Street my parents taped! Many of them were...

1) Maria decides that some old stuff can be for something else and making Oscar disappointed

2) The Eating Game-hosted by Guy Smiley! The plate muppet gets confused if she can pick a fish, corn and a glass of milk, then she decides to get all of them!

3) Beat the Time (The Count version, not complete)-Guy Smiley wants The Count to think of two things that are from the sky for twenty seconds, but the Count counts the seconds until lightning and thunder flash.

4) I'm Big cartoon (not complete)-A little purple thingy hops a little until a huge blue thingy jumps loudly and says, "Hey, excuse me, you won't be strong enough, 'cause I'm big! Heh heh heh heh!" Then, not complete, then to Big Bird and the Birdketeers searching for stuff that begin with the letter W. I think I remembered the rest of the cartoon. The purple little thingy says "Wow! He looks big!...Well, I'm..." to the big thingy and wiggles a little until he yells "I'm ME!" and the big thingy stares at him.

5) Melvin the Moving Man (a cartoon, not complete)-it was sponsored by the letter M. It starts where Melvin gets muscular muscles then fade to the Bert and Ernie sketch where Ernie has to buy stuff in chocolate pudding. I think I remembered the rest of the cartoon where Melvin's eyes became macaroni then begins moving everything-an M, a moose, a mule, and a mountain of marbles. Then to "My"'s appear on Melvin's muscles and starts moving away. The whole clip was found on the episode where Maria and Luis finally got the new baby, Gabriella.

6) Placido Flamingo and Forgetful Jones. Two characters were played by Richard Hunt. Placido appeared on the clip with Yo-Yo Ma and Forgetful Jones appeared on the skit with David.

7) A New Way to Walk-sung by the Oinker Sisters!

8) The Counting Circus Guy- "10 Dancing Bears!"

9) Two Letters In Sand cartoons- the letters "M" and "Y" versions

10) There's A UFO Toward Ya-this clip used to scare the heck out of me! This is the rectangle version and I think the sides of it are coming to get me as the rectangle disappears. The voice off-screen was David's.

11) Grover and John-John count up to 20

12) Grover and the Growing G-where the "G" began to grow until it pops!

13) G-Gorilla (an old cartoon)

14) the "R" Magician (an old cartoon)

16) Lefty the Salesman keeps the alphabet message in his mind from the Boss

17) The NOO-Nee-NOO-Nee-NOO Typewriter Guy: M-Magic- it starts where the cartoon typewriter guy rolls by going "Noo-nee-noo-nee-noo!" then types and says, "M, magic!" He starts doing some magic stuff...he transforms a rabbit into a purple scorpion-like creature, then as if the typewriter points his finger to himself and dissappears, we hear him giggling!

18) The old, old pinball machine cartoon (the number "6")-I think it was pretty made by the animator who made the race cars/spies series. It starts where we flash to see the number "6" with six stars all around as the background voice murmurs "Six!" Then a hand pulls the pinball lever as the ball begins rolling! It passes through four thingys to make light flash then fade to a clock-like diagram as the pointer swings passes any number as we hear the Pointer Sisters' voices sing "1-2-3, 4-5, 6-7-8, 9-10, 11-12!" Then the ball rides on the roller-coaster-like slide and passes the thingy looking like a water fountain to make light flash and fades to the kladioscope spot flashing #'s 1-12 in different colors as the voices sing 1-12 again. Then the ball rides on the twisted slide and falls on the hole where the number 6 begins to flash as the voice calls "Six!" Then electric guitar music plays as the ball lands on the farm scene. The ball passes through six sheep structures and the farmer drops the ball into the hole as the number 6 flash a few times. Then it now fade to the ball riding on the roller-coaster-slide (the part we saw in the beginning) and rolls toward the big production number graphic: the structure where #'s 1-12 flash, shooting-gallery ducks, the nightclub scene, the planets scene, the daytime scene and the nightclub scene on it as the voices sing "1-2-3, 4-5, 6-7-8, 9-10, 11-tweeeeeeellllvvveee!"

19) The number painter making a "6" on the cake in the bakery

20) Bob, David, Luis and Gordon sang "Gimme 5"

21) Elmo keeps saying "Why?" to Maria and Bob

22) The alphabet lunchbox

23) The AM's wait for the bus to arrive

24) A live human sings about keeping time to Telly

25) I Can Do It By Myself, a live-action tune

26) The Rhymies on sea

27) A black cartoon man sings while the #'s 1-6 float around

28) A guy keeping himself dry when it rains

These are the only clips I thought of.
Wow! I've been searching for those clips. Would you be able to dub them on a tape for me?

roadrat15

Reaction score
The Rhymies . . . Yes!
"I'm Larry . . .I'm Mary . . .I'm Barry" LoL

dcfboss

Reaction score
WOW

That's a lot of stuff with the Count.....he used to be so good....too bad he's confined to his castle these days

FREE THE COUNT!!!!!! LOL

mikealan

Reaction score
I remembered the others!

Here are other clips I discovered on my tape!

Scratch My Back (sung by Mahna Mahna wearing sunglasses, Jack and Jill (the two old Muppet monsters))

An old cartoon where the toothpaste characters march on their own parade. A little boy follows them and the voice off-screen told us to brush our teeth two times a day!

Bert sings about a rock in class

The Mother Goose muppet keeps trying to learn about what rhymes with "shoe" in her office

Maria helps Oscar's pet elephant, Fluffy and her friend to measure what their lengths of their trunks are

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Would you be able to make me a copy of your tape? I would greatly appriciate it. Please feel free to e-mail me anytime at sourfish69@hotmail.com and we can work out a deal.

*Thanx*