Classic SS On DVD...

billyk

Reaction score
Is it EVER going to be possible for SSW to put out classic SS segments/shows on DVD???

Even if it's an exclusive thing like a limited time deal or made available only through their website? Maybe Time-Life can pick it up and offer them?

Surely they must realize there are diehard SS fans out there.

This stuff has to get out to the diehards!

Maybe instead of calling it "Sesame Street Unpaved" call it "Sesame Street: The Classic Years" 1969-

cookeyluvr

Reaction score
Classic Sesame Street

Did anyone ever reply to this? It seems like a good way for money to be made for them....... :halo:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I think this has been covered in previous threads. I think the consensus was most of us would love to have at least the classic skits(if not full episodes) on DVD collections, but it's highly unlikely it will ever happen.

Then again, they seemed to be testing the waters with the recent "What's the Name Of That Song?" DVD, so who knows? We can always hope, right?

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have the Put Down the Duckie dvd but that one is really good when it comes to the classic stuff. The special is from like 1988 so not real old but still some good stuff such as Monsterpiece Theatre, Grover as the waiter with Fat Blue and a funny Cookiegate skit amoung other great things. Not any big collection like we all want but if you don't have it and want some classic skits I highly recommend it. It is holding me over.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
If you want <b>CLASSIC SESAME STREET</b>, you can do no wrong by buying:

<b>LEARNING ABOUT LETTERS</b> and <b>LEARNING ABOUT NUMBERS</b> on DVD.

I've got a 2 year old daughter, so I don't feel bad about buying this in the first place, but man! It's a hidden treasure of OLD SESAME SKITS!

Letters has:

Ernie and Bert singing La-La-La from 1971
C is for Cookie from 1971
The cartoons G....Gorilla, K...Key and Francis Fairy from 1969
The early 1970's live action film where they find letters in ordinary street signs (set to great Joe Raposo instrumental music)
etc.

Numbers has:

2 little girls and the little dollhouse from 1970
Cartoon fiddler Don Abud and the 2-cans
Frank Oz's number 3 roller coaster ball from 1970
The zen Indian master psychedelic cartoon from 1970 counting from 1 to 20
Don Abud and the 4 lions
Henson King of Eight
Martian Nine

It's classic skit galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!