Claudia Black on Farscape webisodes

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay, Henson Company has talked about webisodes for quite some time now and continues to tell fans that "they're coming" but i've had serious doubts about this actually happening. Claudia Black ("Aeryn Sun") was asked about these recently in an interview and here was her response:

Q...You still have a ton of Farscape fans. I happen to be one of them. Is there any talk of continuing the story? Doing any other projects?

Black: Well for Farscape there still is talk. * They're trying their best to get some webisodes happening, but their difficulty is A, no one has been able to prove that webisodes are sort of a reliable business model. It's very hard to get that to work. The whole new media thing. It's such a conundrum right now. But, they believe.their MO is to try and get.I know they're intending to, I think, five to ten minute webisodes with high production values, but with a slightly smaller world, because they can't, on that sort of budget, reproduce what we did for the TV series. But we want to have that same, high quality feel to it. Because otherwise it wouldn't be the same.
-------------------
Thankfully Boom! and Rockne O'Bannon are keeping the story moving along with the comics which continue to be excellent!

The Narrator

Reaction score
Wow, I had forgotten about the proposed webisodes. I find the comics to be OK, but I think I'm going to have to switch to waiting for the graphic novel format. The stories don't seem to sustain my interest over a month while waiting for the next issue.

Thanks for the update, dw!

Mystic Master

Reaction score
Farscape webisodes would be cool - but they are best as teasers between seasons to promote new episodes or give a backstory, like with BSG. If Farscape ever reunited, I'd want it to be for a made-for-tv movie or something.