Claymation Bert and Ernie voice question

goshposh

Reaction score
When the new claymation Bert and Ernie show premieres in the UK and Australia, will Steve and Eric be doing the voices?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I thought the Claymation Ernie and Bert sketches were gonna be in the U.S.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought the Claymation Ernie and Bert sketches were gonna be in the U.S.

nope. Europe. Though I don't see how they can't use them as wrap arounds either on the show or for the network. I mean, a short 30 second Ernie and Bert interstitial between programs would be great.

Here's the more important question... are they really going to do this?

Brooklyn

Reaction score
here's a news brief on it from KidScreen:

Claymation Bert and Ernie to land on UK and German nets in '08

by Gary Rusak

Classic Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie are gearing up to take the spotlight in new claymation spin-off The Adventures of Bert and Ernie. German nets NDR and Ki.Ka, and Five's Milkshake in the UK are onboard as co-producers with Sesame Workshop and have just announced they'll put the first of two 26 x five-minute seasons on air in 2008.
The preschool series is a first for the familiar characters, as the rich claymation style being executed by Florence, Italy-based Misseri Studios will give viewers a look at Bert and Ernie from head-to-toe in each frame. But don't expect the duo to go changing personality-wise.
"We want to bring Sesame Street into the 21st Century, but, we're not ready to make huge changes to the overall show and brand," says Jennifer Monier-Williams,VP of global television distribution for Sesame Workshop.
Accompanying the German and UK deals, presales have been made to ABC (Australia), Cartoon Network India, DBC (Denmark), Disney Asia, Disney Spain, HOP (Israel), NPS/Zeppelin (Netherlands), NRK (Norway), and SVT (Sweden). Interestingly, there is no US broadcast deal in the works, but look for the segments to pop up on DVD releases and in special promotions.
On the L & M side, VP and GM of global licensing Maura Regan says The Workshop's UK agent CPLG is currently crafting a program for The Adventures of Bert and Ernie. Landing a publishing partner tops the list as "the dialogue between the two characters is hysterical," she says, adding it should make for solid storybooks. Feelers are also out for apparel, stationery, and lifestyle product licensees.
Regan says four- and five-year-olds will make up the core merch demo and believes the series will appeal equally to boys and girls.